View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 09:00 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Here we go. I like the way the couple quarter window looks in this conversion. Now i have three options for where to put the style line that goes up behind the stock quarter window.

1.) Move it forward next to the coupe window (coupes don't have a style line here, so this would be "more different")

2.) leave it where it is, and fill the hole, or

3.) move it as far back on the side as possible without going around the corner, and fill the hole. I found pictures of sedan deliveries with the style line in positions 2 and 3. I suspect the ones with the style line in position 2 are converted tudor sedans, but I am not sure on that one. Henry did some strange things.

I have also decided that the tack-strip seams will have to get filled in. There is just nothing about them that adds to the visual in a good way. And I will fill the top. A small sunroof insert would be cool if I can find one that is a good match for the curve of the roof. I'm talking about a non opening window, rather than a "door". Perhaps there is a hatch window in something that will fit. Then I would have the surrounding metal too. A back door, or hatch, is on the wish list. Maybe something similar to a VW Bus. I am considering framing up the back end and turning all or part of the back panel into a door or hatch. Making it from a real Model A door is cost prohibitive, to say the least.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QtrWind_panel.jpg (158.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg QtrWind.jpg (162.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg QtrWind_style line copy.jpg (163.3 KB, 18 views)

Not taking anything too seriously.