Another 1928 Tudor A-Bone

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip

In a desperate attempt to find an affordable project that I could build to fit my rather long and well rounded self, I set out on an adventure to look at a car that turned out to be a total disappointment. But the seller also had a bunch of other cars and parts and I ended up coming home with what I really wanted anyway. So here we go. Behold! My 1928 Model A Tudor Sedan.
attachment.php

This might take a while. :D

Attachments

• InTruck.jpg
    InTruck.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 144
Puzzle Pieces. Some are better than others.

Attachments

• Cowelfront_small.jpg
    Cowelfront_small.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 39
  • CowelSide_small.jpg
    CowelSide_small.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 33
  • Doors_small.jpg
    Doors_small.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 33
  • LtQuarter_small.jpg
    LtQuarter_small.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 32
  • RtQuarter_small.jpg
    RtQuarter_small.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Back_small.jpg
    Back_small.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 30
  • floor_small.jpg
    floor_small.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33
That'll keep you busy and outa the bars for a while Skip. Good for you. Got a motor and stuff in mind for it?
Nothing is set in stone yet. The easy way would be 350 Chevy, but there is a 351 Cleveland in my altered that is a consideration. My favorite trick it finding a good running beater to part out. Time will tell.

. My favorite trick is finding a good running beater to part out. Time will tell.

I love the whole running gear in my ex cop Crown Vic. It's such a good daily driver i have to sit on my hands so i don't cut it up for one of these projects that are lined up. Excellent choice for a donor i believe as long as you kept the sensors and wiring intact.

I love the whole running gear in my ex cop Crown Vic. It's such a good daily driver i have to sit on my hands so i don't cut it up for one of these projects that are lined up. Excellent choice for a donor i believe as long as you kept the sensors and wiring intact.
My last donor car was an 85 Monte Carlo. I tossed the wiring, dizzy, and electronically controlled Q-jet for less complicated components.

Thanks, guys! I'm getting excited.

First on the list will be an in-depth inventory and assessment of the body panels. Most will need some work, but that's what we do. If things get too bad, I'll invite brother Smalls out for a consultation. :D We all know he can work with next to nothing.

A new floor is definitely on the list, since it will be easier than fixing what I have. It will be a great pattern, though. And besides, it will need to be channeled a little. Right?

A little off the top is almost always mandatory for one of these critters. So that is up for consideration. But that is not decided.

Other customization will no doubt have to happen. I know me, and I know I can't leave well enough alone. That said, I am still pretty much a traditionalist, so this little rat will not see anything too wild. Not that there is anything wrong with that... But, I don't want a saw blade eyelashes on my headlights. :eek:

Chop job would make it look great but, I'd caution ya on doing any channel work.
I didn't chop my 33 Pontiac but, did channel it 3 1/2" man do I wish I had never done that. You end up having to be hunched over to drive them.

Latest posts

Back