Kool Car Photos!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that black gold 40s sedan delivery really pops the eyeball now,,
the factory and the painter got those lines flowing right,,===
thanks for great pics

1971 Maserati concept... :cool:
Speedometers are overrated:D

Attachments

• 4c0097c1-maserati2bboomerang2b2528332529.jpg
    4c0097c1-maserati2bboomerang2b2528332529.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 5cf605e8-maserati2bboomerang2b2528372529.jpg
    5cf605e8-maserati2bboomerang2b2528372529.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 45
In 1906, a 250 horsepower car was an eye catching spectacle. Racing enthusiast Alfred Vanderbilt shows his off while the neighborhood boys ooh and aah looking on. Despite averting a premature death in 1912 by making a last minute decision to not board the Titanic en route to the U.S., Alfred's life did end at sea three years later when the RMS Lusitania was sunk. His legacy could be defined by his last moments where he is said to have taken his life vest off and tied it on to a mother holding an infant when no other vests were available.

Cool, for sure.
I'd like to see how they went about getting the wheels turning in the right direction. It looks like a backwards motorcycle engine. [S

Cool, for sure.
I'd like to see how they went about getting the wheels turning in the right direction. It looks like a backwards motorcycle engine. [S

I think the engine is not backwards, notice the pushrods are on the right side like a Harley or Indian. Since their trannys are separate from the engine, they probably just mounted it in front, so everything is spinning in the right direction....

I think the engine is not backwards, notice the pushrods are on the right side like a Harley or Indian. Since their trannys are separate from the engine, they probably just mounted it in front, so everything is spinning in the right direction....
Thanks, ZZ. The only thing I know about Harleys is that they sound good, and I don't need one. I just turned down my fifth offer of a trade for my 39.

Latest posts

Back