Almost starting from scratch

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

I've been gone for awhile, dealing with "stuff". Our old adobe house started falling down after we had spent most of our savings remodeling the entire interior. We used what funds we had left to buy a junky old trailer to have a place to live in. I started taking side jobs, building food trucks, painting signs, wiring up hot rods, whatever helped pay the bills. I had an accident at work, spraining my neck, back, and both knees, requiring rotator cuff surgery. I waited until I had the trailer set, completely renovated on the inside, re-wired and re-plumbed before getting the surgery done, then had my right knee replaced.. I'm doing fairly well, almost ready to go back to making some money to finish up the trailer and take care of some other stuff. I still have the '56 Ford, only because my wife refused to sign the title in order to sell it. I'll try to be involved and active, but can't make any promises. 😁

Man that's a lot of crap thrown your way, glad you are putting behind ya and moving forward. I was just thinking of you Friday I finally got to put your built not bought sticker on my Dodge.

I think about you from time to time. It is comforting knowing you are getting along okay. Been a tough pull for you. But I can tell you are the better of anything life throws at you. Glad your wife made you keep the Ford.
I've got your sticker on a roadster PU and it reminds me of you.

Hang in there buddy.

Wow, and I thought I had a recovery to attend to with replacement of my left knee in January.
Glad you're making a return too.
You've got a good wife :cool:

Glad you're back, Animal.
I liked your '56 so much that while you were away, I went and found my own, a black Fairlane hardtop.
Thank your wife for making you keep the Ford through those bad times.

Welcome back.
Stay strong and keep moving forward.
Good for your wife on not signing that title.
Sending you both good vibes .
Torchie

Thanks for all the kind words, fellas. I hope to be able to get back to some side jobs now that I can walk and use my left arm better. I have a new project in the planning stages, have actually picked up a few free/stupid cheap pieces for it. Hopefully I'll get a couple current obligations taken care of so I can start spending more time here and in the garage. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Life can be difficult at times for sure.
I dad used to tell me that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Hang in there. We're pulling for you.

Things have changed

I finally got the new place completely re-done, then spent some time writing my third novel in the "Hammer" series, getting it published in October of 2021. Got good and sick, along with my wife. We were both nearly bed-ridden for a month. I finally got back to work, then smashed the end of a finger flat, vaporizing the bone and squirting flesh out the sides. It is slowly healing up, but has quite a way to go yet. I sold the '56 Fairlane to a guy who gave me a really good price for it. My new project is totally off the wall for me, a 1971 Mustang coupe with a 408 stroker, a built-up FMX, 9 inch with 4:10 gears. It need some body work, paint, and interior work, but I think it will be a blast when done. Luckily, I won't have to completely rebuild it, like the last few projects. The glass is all good, it has new bumpers, windshield, radiator, tires & wheels, disk brakes, suspension and more. Now that I am nearly healthy again and have caught up on all the home stuff, I'll try to be more active here.

Attachments

• 1971 Mustang coupe in garage.jpg
    1971 Mustang coupe in garage.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1971 Mustang coupe in garage2.jpg
    1971 Mustang coupe in garage2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 16
No, not yet. It's on Smashwords.com, Amazon in both print and as a Kindle, and copies of the novel are always available signed and numbered from me on my website.

Really glad to hear you're over the hump! Kool looking Stang & should be a blast when finished... please keep us in the loop!!! Welcome back!

BoB

Latest posts

Back