Bamamav's 1947 Lincoln Club Coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on the road in no time now.

Don’t know about that, got to find time to work on it first! Grass cutting season is here, my bush hogging has doubled this year since my pa in law can no longer see good enough to do his, I’ve got to take it over, may have to do his yard, too. One of the biggest holdups has been RAIN just about every day I’ve been off. Still got to work full time until the end of June, then I’m going part time. Maybe then I’ll get some shop time in again!

if i remember right you have a aod trans. they only work with one carb and that is the 84/85 factory 2 barrel. the only aftermarket setup you can get that works without burning up the trans is made by lokar. i was thinking i could use a old c4 kickdown rod and a holley for a ford. wrong the trans will be done in just a few miles. been doing some heavy reading, to the point i may pull the piece of junk out and put in a c4.

Got my transmission today![cl Or should I say I got a new[er] transmission? Not much of my original one left, even got a different case! He actually had it ready last Friday, but somehow lost my phone number. Didn't matter, I didn't get home early enough to go get it anyway. Been meaning to call him all week, tried yesterday but got voice mail, finally got him today. Now, I've got to find time to get it all put back together. :eek:

Actually spent a little time on the car. Got the steering box off the parts Firebird wire brushed and painted, now just got to swap it with the one on the car. Also fiddled with the TV cable and bracketry to make sure I knew how it all went back together. Hey, it's not much, but it's a start! Too much other crapola going on to get anything else done, fiddling with two mowers, trying to cut grass, working on the semi and it seems like 10,000 other things. Decided to give it a rest and went to a cruise in tonight in the FBird. Ran into Anthony Myrick and we talked for probably an hour!

Good for you closing in on that social security Bam and some free time. Glad to hear it.

Thanks Eman! I’m looking forward to having more home time. I’m so backed up now a lot of time I don’t know if I’m washing or hanging up!

A little side explanation;
As we get older, we lose our ability to do things. My in laws have gotten to that point, both are now legally blind and can’t drive anymore, so my wife has to do the driving for them, as well as other things. Also, as a result, I’m not only having to keep my acreage up, I’m having to do there’s as well because we don’t trust Pa on the riding mower anymore, and for sure not on the tractor bush hogging around the pond! My wife has her Dr.s to go to, and I’m finally having some myself. Add to it all the 8 yr old grandson that is on meds himself for his hyperactivity, and we have a full plate!:eek: So, I have to let a lot of my stuff go, and take care of others. Me time right now is small and precious. But I’m not complaining, my in-laws have been good to me all these years, and I’m happy to return some of their help, it’s the least I can do. So if I’m absent or don’t show much progress, you guys now know why. We got to take care of family!

Thanks Eman! I’m looking forward to having more home time. I’m so backed up now a lot of time I don’t know if I’m washing or hanging up!

A little side explanation;
As we get older, we lose our ability to do things. My in laws have gotten to that point, both are now legally blind and can’t drive anymore, so my wife has to do the driving for them, as well as other things. Also, as a result, I’m not only having to keep my acreage up, I’m having to do there’s as well because we don’t trust Pa on the riding mower anymore, and for sure not on the tractor bush hogging around the pond! My wife has her Dr.s to go to, and I’m finally having some myself. Add to it all the 8 yr old grandson that is on meds himself for his hyperactivity, and we have a full plate!:eek: So, I have to let a lot of my stuff go, and take care of others. Me time right now is small and precious. But I’m not complaining, my in-laws have been good to me all these years, and I’m happy to return some of their help, it’s the least I can do. So if I’m absent or don’t show much progress, you guys now know why. We got to take care of family!

We do indeed.
Stay strong and keep moving forward.
You are lucky that your in-laws were good to you.
It took mine 34 years to admit that their daughter married a "Good One." And that was just my mother in law....:eek:
Torchie

Good for you for taking on all this without complaint Bama. It's nice to appreciate the in-laws while they are still here. DW and I have lost all four of our parents over the last 10 years and we miss them a lot.

A kinda funny kinda sad aside:

My wife is the oldest of four girls raised together, her, her sister, and two cousins. We have been married 43 years as of March. Her sister is on her second husband, as is her oldest cousin. The youngest cousin never married, but has 4 kids by 3-4 different men. :rolleyes:

So my wife must have gotten a good one! [cl

I'm taking off a few days, maybe I can get some time in on the car this week.

Nice that you can repay the favours of your in-laws, Bama, even though it's keeping you away from your hobbies a bit.

My dad had a massive heart attack in November, and it was really a reminder for me of how quickly our lives can change, and therefore reaffirmed for me:

1) Don't put off spending time with those you care about, as we never know how long any of us have, and:

2) Don't put off things you want to do in your life, you never know if it will be your last chance to do them.

Managed to get a little done today between thunderstorms.:eek: Even though I'm working under a roof on a concrete floor, when it starts lightning close by, I get inside!:eek:

Got the pittman arm off the replacement steering box, then took the S10 box off the car. Discovered the shaft was a little more misaligned than I thought, so I'm going to change to a U joint and DD shaft instead of the factory GM shaft and rag joint. The replacement Firebird box is 2.75 turns, lock to lock, so I'm thinking it might steer faster, don't know. The S10 box was fine until you put fluid in it with the pump, then it got a sticking spot at dead center. So hard in fact, it took a bit of effort to get it off center, causing it to jerk. Knew that wouldn't work on the road, so it's getting replaced. Never had one do that, it steered manually just fine, no tight spot. [S

Next, I'm putting the FBird box on, then putting some bracing on the motor mounts, just not quite happy with them yet. They would probably be fine, but I'd rather be a little overbuilt and have no worries.

Nothing picture worthy, yet.

Latest posts

Back