Truckin' Thursday: You know I love me some trucks!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Truckin' Thursday: Oh yeah!!! [dr

BoB

Attachments

• kool truck.jpg
    kool truck.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 77
My old Plymouth truck, almost done. It went to Winnipeg. "Nother one I shoulda kept.

Attachments

• Ply Sanded 002.jpg
    Ply Sanded 002.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 36
Almost front end Friday. ;)

Attachments

• 156969811_256850336046100_8181904087988117481_n.jpg
    156969811_256850336046100_8181904087988117481_n.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 38
Here's my first pick-up, a '47 Ford. I bought it when I was 11. My brother helped, he was 10. In highschool I sold it, got it back when I was 35 on a trade for a '58 Turnpike Cruiser. Then when I was about sixty I traded it away for my old John Deere tractor. After a couple of years, I traded another old tractor for the '47 pick-up back again. I think I'll keep it now.

In the first picture I'm on the passenger fender, my brother is on the driver's and our cousin Doug is on his '56 Dodge. The second pic is my brother fixing something. The third is now in the machine shed.

Attachments

• 47Ford and 56Dodge.jpg
    47Ford and 56Dodge.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 38
  • old47.jpg
    old47.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 47ford in shed.jpg
    47ford in shed.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 35
Mac; It's cool that you had it this long or been able to reclaim it. How many 11 year old kids nowadays would be interested or be able to work on any thing like this?

Here's my first pick-up, a '47 Ford. I bought it when I was 11. My brother helped, he was 10. In highschool I sold it, got it back when I was 35 on a trade for a '58 Turnpike Cruiser. Then when I was about sixty I traded it away for my old John Deere tractor. After a couple of years, I traded another old tractor for the '47 pick-up back again. I think I'll keep it now.

In the first picture I'm on the passenger fender, my brother is on the driver's and our cousin Doug is on his '56 Dodge. The second pic is my brother fixing something. The third is now in the machine shed.
I think we need a tour of your machine shed. [cl

Kenny, I was only a couple of weeks away from my twelveth [sp] birthday when we started the truck proceedings. My brother, Rob and I walked two miles through bush trails over to Gordon's, a neighbour's. We asked if we could buy his old pick-up. He said, "yes, for a hundred dollars". This was June of 1962 and the two little boys in the story were flabbergasted with grief. One hundred dollars was more than we had ever dreamed of. Gordon said, "you know, it's seized up from sitting so I'll give you a deal. How much money have you got." We started digging in our pockets, hopelessly. I pulled out a five dollar bill and Rob found two dollars and twenty cents. "What a co-incidence" Gordon said, "that's exactly what I wanted for a down payment." He took our money. "Now you boys have to work for me this summer, picking roots and running the tractors." --- We had a truck, --- and visions of running tractors discing breaking. We walked home, and borrowed Dad's tractor drove back and pulled the truck home. As we came nearer home we started to put it in gear and release the clutch. We broke it free at the end of the driveway and, part way in, we got the truck running, so we drove it the rest of the way home. I'm here to tell you, there were two proud little boys. ---- We would take the truck back to Gordon's place and pick roots into it an haul them off the field quite a bit that summer. There seemed to be a way more 'picking roots' than running tractor, but we paid for our first truck, by driving it.

Skip, here's a partial pictorial tour of the inside of the machine shed. Then some of the cars that are in there, I don't have pictures of. Here they are before I put them in there. There are two pictures of some of them.
Most of the west side is tractors.

Attachments

• 2009 summer.jpg
    2009 summer.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 55Merc pass.jpg
    55Merc pass.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1052.jpg
    IMG_1052.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 32
  • car inventory 010.jpg
    car inventory 010.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 33
  • car inventory 012.jpg
    car inventory 012.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Model a front corner.jpg
    Model a front corner.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 33
Thank you guys.
Yes Doc, that's a '33 Plymouth four door sedan that I'm using as a donor car for the '34 Plymouth coupe and the '34 Dodge Brothers truck. It is in the first position in the shed, in the south-east corner next to the '47 Ford truck.
Dutch, if you mean a photographic tour of the heated shop where the Super Bee languishes, I could do that. Or did you want me to take all of your money and tell you to pick roots all summer for me?

Thank you guys.
Yes Doc, that's a '33 Plymouth four door sedan that I'm using as a donor car for the '34 Plymouth coupe and the '34 Dodge Brothers truck. It is in the first position in the shed, in the south-east corner next to the '47 Ford truck.
Dutch, if you mean a photographic tour of the heated shop where the Super Bee languishes, I could do that. Or did you want me to take all of your money and tell you to pick roots all summer for me?

Haha! [cl

Latest posts

Back