Exciting New Shop!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started doing some organizational stuff in the shop. While there's not a lot worth showing yet, I'm super excited on my jack stand storage so I thought I'd show you guys.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PXL_20210613_050232137.jpg
    PXL_20210613_050232137.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 42
Nice. I prefer to stash mine under some bench so I can never remember where they are. :eek: [ddd :D
Torchie

I usually trip on mine, and randomly move them from place to place so I can never find them easily when I need them and don't know where to expect them on the floor. :p

Should be the end of that now that they have a home!

One of the big things I noticed when I got my shop, is each group of things gets a home and I remember where it is. Although, as the years creep along everything gets a little messier.
Once you have a shop you're set for life. Good for you.

One of the big things I noticed when I got my shop, is each group of things gets a home and I remember where it is. Although, as the years creep along everything gets a little messier.
Once you have a shop you're set for life. Good for you.

Yeah I want everything to have a home to go back to. My garage organization has been severely lacking in the past, resulting in searching for tools every time I have to do something.

Above the jack stand racks I'm going to hang my folding sawhorses. Stuff like that doesn't seem like it takes up much space, but once you have somewhere to put it every time it feels like it frees up a ton of space.

Cool , you do realize that if you have all that extra time you will save from not looking for tools you will get your projects done faster, then the wife will find things to fill the extra time. :D:D

I usually trip on mine, and randomly move them from place to place so I can never find them easily when I need them and don't know where to expect them on the floor. :p

Should be the end of that now that they have a home!

That’s me. We cleaned up an area behind the house a few weeks ago an I found two sets of stands I forgot I had. Things get stuck somewhere out of the way, stuff gets piled on them, then you gotta go buy new ones because you can’t find the ones you know you have, just not sure where they are!:eek:

Cool , you do realize that if you have all that extra time you will save from not looking for tools you will get your projects done faster, then the wife will find things to fill the extra time. :D:D

She finds things to fill my time regardless, I'm trying to make some to have more time for my stuff again [cl

That’s me. We cleaned up an area behind the house a few weeks ago an I found two sets of stands I forgot I had. Things get stuck somewhere out of the way, stuff gets piled on them, then you gotta go buy new ones because you can’t find the ones you know you have, just not sure where they are!:eek:

Yeah, I am tired of having tools I can't find. That won't be a problem anymore soon. Slowly organizing everything nicely :)

Congrats on the new digs! I envy people that have some sort of organizational skills. I work in total chaos.:D

Thanks!

I aspire to be organized. In practice, it's a work in progress.

This garage, I'm putting in the time to make it nice and organized.

I used to be the definition of chaos. Not sure when or why that changed but I can find every tool in my shop with my eyes closed nowadays.
It`s good for not needing to buy stuff you already own, saves you from tripping and breaking your neck, reduces the risk of a shop fire by 500% and for me I just like the looks of a tidy shop. It just puts my mind at ease.

great place you`ve got there [cl

I used to be the definition of chaos. Not sure when or why that changed but I can find every tool in my shop with my eyes closed nowadays.
It`s good for not needing to buy stuff you already own, saves you from tripping and breaking your neck, reduces the risk of a shop fire by 500% and for me I just like the looks of a tidy shop. It just puts my mind at ease.

great place you`ve got there [cl

Thanks!

Glad to hear you're a success story. I think it will cause my blood pressure to decrease significantly and my productivity to increase proportionally as well.

Is the risk of a shop fire from burning it down when you can't find the right tool? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back