Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not seeing where you are seeing the 593 snopro.
Looks like Unreadable number-8-9-4-6-0-7 to me. Or am i reading it up side down and backwards???? I believe you are right about it being 318 heads. Make sense that someone would just find a factory 4 barrel intake to use.
Torchie

Thanks snopro.
It seems I’m getting goofy in my old age.🤪
318 heads it is.😎
Torchie

If it's any consolation, I had a good chuckle when I saw this morning that you were trying to make sense of the number upside down. [cl[P

The back end of the car looks cool!

If it's any consolation, I had a good chuckle when I saw this morning that you were trying to make sense of the number upside down. [cl[P

The back end of the car looks cool!

I felt the fool on that one snopro.
I guess I’m still stuck on working on the wooden boat. It was all done with the hull upside down so I had to remember that what I was looking at as poet or starboard was in reality starboard and port.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Torchie.

Torchie, you could be excused for reading the number upside down and backward if you were a UP'er.[ddd:D

Lol. Them’s fighting words Bob.
Actually after they left the old country all the ancestors on my mother side settled in the Keewenaw Pennisula and worked in the copper mines.
So the UP is my ancestral home.
As the mines shut down some of them migrated to Detroit to work in the auto industry.
Now I’m just a troll. ( That’s what the native UPer’s call people that live below the Big Mac bridge.)
Torchie

And away we go........
The PS door was still fitting like goovna.... Polish for S#@*.
I thought that I may have messed up and not made the opening square.
I measured it all different ways and it was dead on.
Then I measured the door it self.:eek:
Wider at the bottom then and gets narrower as you go up.
I checked the DS door in all the same places and it was all the measurements.:eek:[S
I've known all along that the PS was different then the DS but I thought that the extra length was in the rear quarter.WRONG.:eek:
Don't know how I missed it. I must have used the DS door and opening as a guide for the PS.
Nothing left to do but to lengthen the lower part of the opening. So I cut through the brand new inner and outer rocker panel and gave it a bit of a stretch.
4 hours and a lot of on the floor time later, we are where we should be.
Door gap mimics the factory gap on the donor car. And now I have some fore and aft adjustment too. Before the adjust was all the way to the front.
File all this in the "Gee I hope I never have to do that again" folder.;) :p [ddd
Thanks for looking in on me.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 0-7.jpg
    0-7.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 0-15.jpg
    0-15.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 0-16.jpg
    0-16.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 20
Thanks OI.
Let’s just hope I didn’t create more problems some where else.😳
Torchie
I don't foresee any issues that could arise form this little stretch.
What shows in a door gap will not be noticed in the wheel opening position. Or should I have not said that? :D[ddd

You are one of the rare few that could figure that out, Torchie.[cl

What shows in a door gap will not be noticed in the wheel opening position. Or should I have not said that? :D[ddd

We will find out when I put the front fenders back on Skip.
Maybe tomorrow.
The actual stretch was 1/2". I marked the body position and it looks like the rear half of the body moved back about a 1/45 " on the cowl moved forward about the same.
With out pointing it out I don't think it will be noticeable.
I made the filler pieces bigger rather then try to mess with that narrow of a piece.
Torchie

Spoken perhaps a bit too soon, Skip.
I put the front fenders back on yesterday morning and then spent the rest of the day tweaking things.
That little half inch had to go somewhere....
Now everything else is out of alignment. I put on the front fenders yesterday morning and spent the rest of the day tweaking things.
First 2 pics shows whats going on. Gap on the PS along the hood is wide. The DS overlaps the fender top.
With the floor gone and cuts into the firewall the lower cowl/door jambs were getting out of whack.
I measured the donor and pulled the cowl back into it proper width.
Then I moved the body over on the chassis a bit to get the hood peak back to center.
In honor of DR. Crankenstein I pulled out the yard stick for a visual.:D
Front fenders are back on and things are lining up better.
Going to work on the bottom of the PS door since i have it off the car.
Thanks for checking up on me.
Keep on keeping on......
Torchie

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-10.jpg
    0-10.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 0-9.jpg
    0-9.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-11.jpg
    0-11.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-8.jpg
    0-8.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-7.jpg
    0-7.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 13
I'm not superstitious, but I'm keepin' it zipped from now on. :D Glad you got it sorted out. [cl [cl [cl

No worries Skip.
For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction.😳
I’ll be working on it more today . With some reinforcements.
All that up , down and around the car is tough on me.
Torchie

No worries Skip.
For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction.😳
I’ll be working on it more today . With some reinforcements.
All that up , down and around the car is tough on me.
Torchie

Why couldn't we have all done this when we were young?!?

Reminds me of what a lawn care guy told me about his son.

First, I set him off by asking what kind of poison he was spraying on our neighbor's grass. We had fruit trees right along the border, and I could smell something that sure smelled like poison to me, from clear over at the other end of our house, in the garage. So I walked up the street and looked into the back of his enclosed trailer, not expecting him to be standing there looking out. The out-right question about "What kind of poison" was what rolled out, before I could think it over. Plus, we had just moved up from Brazil, where the word for 'spraying' is DDTization. So everybody there is pretty honest about stuff like that. So he comes unglued, and after a bit he calmed down and we had a friendly conversation. So he tells me that his son, who was helping him between college sessions, has this theory about getting the muscle car he sees all of the old guys getting. He figures he might as well have it now, then spend his later years paying for the fun he had while he was young. (But about the 'poison' that was 'not poisonous' - it killed all of the fruit trees along that side of the yard. I reckon it was something that didn't harm grass, but prevented woody plants from growing. What ever it was, it worked.)

The guy was probably spraying Roundup,Neto.:eek:
While waiting for my friend I did some work on the PS door.
Got the bottom flanged.
Now....
With Jon on the inside of the car and me on the outside we started to do some serious tweaking.
I need to redo the door top on the PS as it was quick and dirty the first time. Plus it was tight against the upper inner door opening. This front corner is going to need a relief cut.
With the partial door top off the door closed and latched better.
We now have the body situated where it needs to be ( Centered and square to the frame) and clamped down.
I made a new temporary radiator support(It holds up the front fenders) and now if you lean on the front fender nothing moves.:cool:
The plan for tomorrow is to get the first cross piece welded in and bolted down. That's going to require me getting inside the car. Always fun.:eek::p
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie
p.s.
I thought I smelled smoke.[ddd

Attachments

• 0-12.jpg
    0-12.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 0-13.jpg
    0-13.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 0-14.jpg
    0-14.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 18
Welded in the first 2 floor supports/ body mounts today.
Bolted down too. This body is going to go anywhere😎
Torchie

Attachments

• 894768F8-1F56-45B2-BF22-08FD519F7916.jpg
    894768F8-1F56-45B2-BF22-08FD519F7916.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 13
  • AE4DEF3A-D2B9-4C9C-B9A7-BE4F33D8212E.jpg
    AE4DEF3A-D2B9-4C9C-B9A7-BE4F33D8212E.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 13
  • F829AA2D-6670-4905-B845-4B1F14AE1585.jpg
    F829AA2D-6670-4905-B845-4B1F14AE1585.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 15