Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between the frigid temps and juggling Drs. appointments no progress to report.
NOW....
I'm on the hunt for a front 1949 Plymouth bumper. The rippled one. So i'm asking all you guys out there to be on the lookout.[P[P
And it has to be a front.
You see them listed on ebay and most of the time the seller has no idea if it's a front or a rear.
They are not the same.
The rear has longer ears that wrap around. The front are shorter.
The front may or may not have a plate holder on it. Or extra holes for one.
So short of seeing it on the front of a car it's a bit of a crap shoot. Unless you have a knowledgable seller.
I don't need the brackets or the overriders. Not concerned with the condition of the chrome only that the bumpers not beat to @#$*:eek:
So please keep an eye out.
Thanks.:)
Torchie

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 12
  • s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 8
Thanks Crank.😎
Back when I lived in Detroit we used to bop over the border to Canada all the time.
I’ve found a few of them but most people don’t want to ship or they are cost prohibitive.
I’ve got a line in one in Pennsylvania and they will ship. Checking online for values on a well used kidney.🙀😜
Torchie

Last edited:
Thanks Crank.😎
Back when I lived in Detroit we used to bop over the border to Canada all the time.
I’ve found a few of them but most people don’t want to ship or they are cost prohibitive.
I’ve got a line in one in Pennsylvania and they will ship. Checking online for values on a well used kidney.🙀😜
Torchie

:eek::eek:That' a heck of price to pay!!!
Good luck!

POPS.
If you had a bumper and knew what shape my kidneys were in you would want my kidneys and Cash.😜
I’m hoping that one of you might just come across one in your travels.😎
Torchie

Thanks Crank.😎
Torchie

Shipping's a killer for sure. Can you swim? :p

Here's another thing I stumbled upon. I'm not suggesting anything, just passing it along because you immediately came to mind...

attachment.php

Attachments

• torchie peaked.jpeg
    torchie peaked.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 67
I’ve seen something like that done before,Dr.
I think it may have been on a pickup truck.
About all the modifications I’m thinking about doing is perhaps welding mounting studs to the backside if the bumper and then filling the holes.
That may depend on the mood I’m in at the time.😳
Torchie

Well gang.
I would love to be posting progress pics but it's just not happening right now.
My follow up visit to the cardiologist didn't go well.
Again, No A fib but still having Bigeminy issues.
One minute I feel ok and the next, not so ok.
They are running a complete blood panel to see what that shows. Also tweaked my meds a bit.
It would appear that this issue isn't going to be fixed with the pacemaker.
Hopefully I will know more this week.
Torchie

Torchie

I hate to hear that you are still having the issues that you are. Keep your head up and know that God has a plan for all of us. I for one am glad He does cause I would screw it up if it was left to me.

Continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles Torchie. I looked up Bigeminy, and yeah it doesn't sound like fun. Maybe it's something in the air, my doctors are starting to show a little concern with my PM, they say it might be time for an upgrade. It's amazing what they can do these days, so remain hopeful that they can get you straightened out!

Thanks gang.:)
Cautiously optimistic today as I received a call this morning in regards to the blood work. My potassium level is high and that can cause the heart to do what mines doing. It can also induce heart attacks. :eek:
As my kidneys get worse their ability to process potassium is lessened. More tweaking of the meds and so far I feel better today.
If I feel like this tomorrow going to see how some shop time goes.
I hope they get your PM straightened out Bill M.
Keep on keeping on.....Everybody.:D
Torchie

Latest posts

Back