Can I do it?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redidbull

I want to put my Wife's Mustang in the barn before we go away in early August. Will I make it? THAT is the question. Jim

Attachments

• 20210719_192040.jpg
    20210719_192040.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 41
Shove everything outside and organize as it goes back in. You'll be surprised how fast that method is.
[P[P[P

No problem. There should be room for all that stuff on top of the Mustang. [ddd :D

Now I'm having a flashback. Picture that with stuff piled to the rafters. Then look hard into the pile and see the back end of a black '57 T-bird. My friend said it had been there for 20 years. And yes, he planned to fix it someday.:eek:

I like the move everything outside idea. And no my Wife is not going to do it. No way no how. I did make a little head way. Thursday is suppose to be nice so out side with everything. Thanks. Jim

Attachments

• 20210720_171457.jpg
    20210720_171457.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 23
It is your wifes mustang ask her to clean out the garage.:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Yeah, right. Bad idea in our home. She already wants to throw away most of my stuff. She can't understand why I keep things, but then she keeps stuff I wouldn't, so we ought to be "even", but it doesn't work that way. I've realized that I will never rest easy with just a garage attached to the house. It becomes a part of the house, then you're sunk.

Yeah, right. Bad idea in our home. She already wants to throw away most of my stuff. She can't understand why I keep things, but then she keeps stuff I wouldn't, so we ought to be "even", but it doesn't work that way. I've realized that I will never rest easy with just a garage attached to the house. It becomes a part of the house, then you're sunk.

One of the reasons my barn was built 100 yards from the house. No woman around now so it's a moot point...

I have a friend that has a de-cluttering business. She is a great person, but I would never let her close to my place. :D

To me that shop looks empty. I have a friend with a 59 Edsel Ranger hardtop coupe that has a garage packed so tight floor to ceiling that I have no idea how he gets that thing in and out of there. He even has stuff stored under the car that clears the undercarriage when he pulls it out...:eek:

I think I have enough room. Going to rethink some of my older ideas like the workbench. Any flat surface becomes a catch all. I also need to thin the tools out a bit. How many 1/2" wrenches do I need in one tool box? I am thinking of using a fold up table as the working surface/bench and mount some bench top tools to the old work bench. I also need some ideas for flooring. I am doing it on the cheap and thinking the self adhesive 12 x 12 tiles. Thanks. Jim

Attachments

• barn.jpg
    barn.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 16
To me that shop looks empty. I have a friend with a 59 Edsel Ranger hardtop coupe that has a garage packed so tight floor to ceiling that I have no idea how he gets that thing in and out of there. He even has stuff stored under the car that clears the undercarriage when he pulls it out...:eek:

Reading this reminded me of my grandpa's garage. It was built for a Model T. Board walls, dirt floor. Two swinging barn style doors. And NARROW. It was so narrow when they got home from church (my Grandpa hardly ever went anyplace else) everyone piled out before he put the car in the garage. He had to keep as far to the right as he could, so that he could get the driver's door open far enough to get out. And he was a skinny man. (His last car was a 60 or 61 Ford sedan, the one with the really 'thick' doors.)

It looks great.
My wife owned a floor covering company for 30 years and self adhesive tiles will not stick to your floor unless you put some clear thinspread on the floor before installing the tiles.

Agreed on the floor prep for adhesive tiles. I did that for our bathroom remodel.

A couple of freinds are trying to talk me into turning my 1930's era barn into a shop with AC, but right now it is still original with dirt floors, and pallets of my 3 daughters stored stuff. When I get that stuff out I am going to throw down concrete pavers.

My car is stored under a lean to with pavers I added, (use to be sand).

The rear has an open addition that still has some hay, going to be storing a neighbors 54 Chev for a few weeks in that space.

So much I need to do in this old barn. Too much work needed to do AC tho....

Thanks for the info on the tiles. Any suggestions for flooring?
I have a ceiling fan in my barn and it is under some trees so stays cooler. I thought about a portable AC unit but never got one. Thanks. Jim

Just make sure you get a hard tile and not a soft pliable one. You cut these with a VCT tile cutter or a hot air gun and utility knife.

Latest posts

Back