Back to the 50's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which reminds me, ...

attachment.php

It's a Beautiful Day

Saturday dawned clear and warm. Enough breeze to take the heat away. How do you choose what to shoot when there are over 10,000 cars? Here's a few with an emphasis on traditional early Fords. First, a truck with a nail head and a half dozen leakers. John Milner where are you? The crowd was lighter than in the pre-Covid years. Here's 20 feet of Pontiac and a 347 stroker powered Falcon.
Next is an original phaeton, a roadster pick up with perfect paint and a pair of 3 window coupes parked near each other.

Attachments

• Sat 001.jpg
    Sat 001.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 23
  • Sat 002.jpg
    Sat 002.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Sat 003.jpg
    Sat 003.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Sat 004.jpg
    Sat 004.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Sat 005.jpg
    Sat 005.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Sat 006.jpg
    Sat 006.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Sat 007.jpg
    Sat 007.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Sat 008.jpg
    Sat 008.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Sat 009.jpg
    Sat 009.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The last four in the previous group and all these were in the same small space. Could have been a show all by itself.

Attachments

• Sat 010.jpg
    Sat 010.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Sat 011.jpg
    Sat 011.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Sat 012.jpg
    Sat 012.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Sat 013.jpg
    Sat 013.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Sat 014.jpg
    Sat 014.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 18
Thanks Bob, I love the 50's especially the old school stuff, like the flatheads in the T's and steel bodies.

Saturday dawned clear and warm. Enough breeze to take the heat away. How do you choose what to shoot when there are over 10,000 cars? Here's a few with an emphasis on traditional early Fords. First, a truck with a nail head and a half dozen leakers. John Milner where are you? The crowd was lighter than in the pre-Covid years. Here's 20 feet of Pontiac and a 347 stroker powered Falcon.
Next is an original phaeton, a roadster pick up with perfect paint and a pair of 3 window coupes parked near each other.

Heat?! Just exactly what kind of "heat" are you experiencing in MN? :D

Lots of 90's here this spring, maverick. We jackpine savages don't like the hot weather to come on so soon. Gotta wait for the blood to thin.

This weekend we are going to the Outa Sight Drags in Union Grove Wi. I don't want to be fighting the heat there.

Thanks Bob, I love the 50's especially the old school stuff, like the flatheads in the T's and steel bodies.
It amazes me that I see so many hot rods I have never seen before. We tend to travel in small circles and might never see a car that lives 30 miles away.

As we get older, heavier, less flexible and wider there is a trend away from T's and A's toward the bigger cars of the 50's and later.

Lots of 90's here this spring, maverick. We jackpine savages don't like the hot weather to come on so soon. Gotta wait for the blood to thin.

This weekend we are going to the Outa Sight Drags in Union Grove Wi. I don't want to be fighting the heat there.

Jackpine savages? LOL, that's hilarious [cl

It amazes me that I see so many hot rods I have never seen before. We tend to travel in small circles and might never see a car that lives 30 miles away.

As we get older, heavier, less flexible and wider there is a trend away from T's and A's toward the bigger cars of the 50's and later.

Around here, I might see a car once a year whose owner lives 1 mile from me. Unfortunately a lot of this stuff only gets out for the "special occasion" shows, which is a shame because there's a lot of really sweet hot rods around here.

Around here, I might see a car once a year whose owner lives 1 mile from me. Unfortunately a lot of this stuff only gets out for the "special occasion" shows, which is a shame because there's a lot of really sweet hot rods around here.

Same situation here Sno. The only time i see them is if the garage door is open when i go by. They don't even come out for shows or weekend cruising.
I only learn about them when they are up for sale.

Latest posts

Back