Thursday at Gruber's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Charger doesn't look so ratty from here. :eek:

I just said that because most spectators think every flat black car is a rat rod.[ddd

Haha, yeah that's a pet peeve of mine too.

I was at a cruise night on Friday, a guy walks up and asks my friend with a nice 36 Chevy pickup (patina, no fenders, low) if it's a rat rod or what it is, friend is like "I just call it a hot rod". The guy went into a long explanation of how his friend told him it was a rat rod but he didn't think it was, blah blah blah... Really riveting conversation...

First time at a cruise night since 2019. I was reminded why I go, and also why I don't.

Smokey Gruber's

Pretty good turnout at Greg's. The distant fires are creating an eerie look to the sky. Like the sun is slowly going out.
Another Summit paint, $10 Harbor Freight gun paint job on Brad's Chevy. Ford's underwhelming success, the Edsel. Two '63 Ford pickups. One pretty stock, one channeled with a flip front end and a 460. An inflated Mustang, looks like a downsized Torino. And a '58 Chebby with easy access to the back seat. Please don't be offended if I made a funny remark about your favorite car.

Attachments

• Smoky Gruber's 001.jpg
    Smoky Gruber's 001.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Smoky Gruber's 002.jpg
    Smoky Gruber's 002.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Smoky Gruber's 003.jpg
    Smoky Gruber's 003.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Smoky Gruber's 004.jpg
    Smoky Gruber's 004.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Smoky Gruber's 005.jpg
    Smoky Gruber's 005.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 28
  • Smoky Gruber's 006.jpg
    Smoky Gruber's 006.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 28
Thunder in the sky. Along with fire haze from our northern neighbors. Only a few of us drove out to Gruber's in our hot rods. Here's Don's near-perfect '40 Coupe. My Fiat refused to start so tomorrow I'll put an ignition module in it and bring it home.

Attachments

• one car 002.jpg
    one car 002.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 20
  • one car 001.jpg
    one car 001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 21
Twice I've tried to post pics from this Thursday and after 20 minutes I had to cancel. This time I'll just post the new cars. The Mopar coupe contains a late model Hemi with an E85 carb and nitrous. Runs 10's. The big Buick was a full sedan. Been shortened. The owner has been building it since 1998. It had a year's worth of shop dust on it. Zeke's Chevy coupe. Zeke passed a few years ago and his neighbor bought the car and is keeping it just the way Zeke had it.

Attachments

• Aug Grub 008.jpg
    Aug Grub 008.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Aug Grub 009.jpg
    Aug Grub 009.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Aug Grub 010.jpg
    Aug Grub 010.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Aug Grub 011.jpg
    Aug Grub 011.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 34
attachment.php

bobw, years I mean YEARS ago I painted a Buick for a good friend with similar looks and color, loved that car. We cruised to several Goodguys shows at that time 455ci, 700r, mustang II, leather, and air...so nice. sadly I have no pictures
(to prove :eek:) and my friend has passed on, lost all trace of the Buick :(

It makes me so happy that these pics create memories for some of you. FBP, that is a nice memory you have.
I agree, e-man. I wouldn't mind a Plymouth coupe from that era though.
For a few days there nobody was posting comments, on this thread and lots of others. I was afraid the site was withering away. Nice some life on good old UDS.

It makes me so happy that these pics create memories for some of you. FBP, that is a nice memory you have.
I agree, e-man. I wouldn't mind a Plymouth coupe from that era though.
For a few days there nobody was posting comments, on this thread and lots of others. I was afraid the site was withering away. Nice some life on good old UDS.

I noticed that too, hopefully it's just summer holiday season.

I really enjoy the photos you post of your weekly adventures, Bob. You have some real cool cars show up down there.

I'll try to remember to take some at my local shows so I have something to share.

attachment.php

bobw, years I mean YEARS ago I painted a Buick for a good friend with similar looks and color, loved that car. We cruised to several Goodguys shows at that time 455ci, 700r, mustang II, leather, and air...so nice. sadly I have no pictures
(to prove :eek:) and my friend has passed on, lost all trace of the Buick :(

Gotta love a good 455 powered rod! Still love my Buick 455!

My puter is taking forever to post pick. I'ma going to try posting only 4. See what happens.
Now, that was quick. The two plastic cars are from a Corvette show a mile from home a week ago.

Attachments

• hot nite 002.jpg
    hot nite 002.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 25
  • hot nite 003.jpg
    hot nite 003.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 25
  • plastic 007.jpg
    plastic 007.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 24
  • plastic 006.jpg
    plastic 006.jpg