Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with snopro. A proper car needs door handles.

Who says this is a proper car. dutch.Its a custom.😜
That used to be a favorite pastime at custom car shows. Trying to figure out where they hid the door actuators.

Snopro. I understand your point about the safety aspect of it.
I have had cars with handles and with out. It looks better on some then others.
With this car the handles look fine to me.
Bama.
I dig the Lincoln push buttons as well. I’d have to do some engineering to get them to work as the stock handles are turn down type.
That and the cost factor. I know that they are being reproduced and you can get them in steel so they can be painted.
Just more for Torchie to think about.
Thanks for the comments gang.
Torchie

dude.... :rolleyes:

If this aint a proper car, I don`t know what is... :)

Thanks dutch.
Just had a nice discussion with a friend about door handles on customs.
He’s in his 80’s and a life long custom guy. Builder as well as a fan. He’s my go to when I want the the skinny On what was done and not done back in the day.
The safety issue was brought up as he knows of more then one person that had experience with not being able to get into a car due to faulty door solinoids.
He also said that the first 3 things guys used to do to their cars were.
1. Get rid of the hood ornament.
2. Get rid of the trunk handle or what ever chrome was on the trunk lid.
3. Shave the door handles.
He said that many of those young custom guys used to leave the vent windows unlocked to reach inside to open the doors. No solinoids at all.
I’ll most likely just leave the handles on. Yet another little bit of different from what’s being built out there.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Thanks dutch.
Just had a nice discussion with a friend about door handles on customs.
He’s in his 80’s and a life long custom guy. Builder as well as a fan. He’s my go to when I want the the skinny On what was done and not done back in the day.
The safety issue was brought up as he knows of more then one person that had experience with not being able to get into a car due to faulty door solinoids.
He also said that the first 3 things guys used to do to their cars were.
1. Get rid of the hood ornament.
2. Get rid of the trunk handle or what ever chrome was on the trunk lid.
3. Shave the door handles.
He said that many of those young custom guys used to leave the vent windows unlocked to reach inside to open the doors. No solinoids at all.
I’ll most likely just leave the handles on. Yet another little bit of different from what’s being built out there.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Just build a 28 Model A roadster pickup like me. No door handles, no decision to make :p.

Quote Torchie: "That used to be a favorite pastime at custom car shows. Trying to figure out where they hid the door actuators."

My handles are in plain sight on the rear of the cab and you wouldn't believe how many people don't know how to get in until I tell them...:rolleyes:

Quote Torchie: "That used to be a favorite pastime at custom car shows. Trying to figure out where they hid the door actuators."

My handles are in plain sight on the rear of the cab and you wouldn't believe how many people don't know how to get in until I tell them...:rolleyes:

Smallfoot, I have that same thing happen with the stock Lincoln pushbuttons. Blows peoples minds when I show them!:cool:

Lol
When my youngest daughter and I did her 60 Chevy 4 door we painted the rear handles the same color as the body.
You would be amazed the number of people that thought it was a 2 door.😜
Torchie

Stripped the trim off the DS door this morning.
Then went after the paint.
It's too hot here for this kind of stuff today.:eek:
Torchie

Attachments

• 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 0-7.jpg
    0-7.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-8.jpg
    0-8.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 0-9.jpg
    0-9.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 0-10.jpg
    0-10.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 13
This has been a long haul.
Lets remind ourselves what we started with and where we are now.
Keep on keeping on......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4152.jpg
    IMG_4152.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4485.jpg
    IMG_4485.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 0-3.jpg
    0-3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 22
Thanks for the comments gang.:)
It looks longer for sure when in reality the wheelbase is now a bit shorter then the stock 49 Coronet. Just a little over an inch.:eek::p[cl
I scrounged together the rest of the money for the other 2 tires and went to order them. The ebay seller I got them from is out of stock..:eek:
I went to my fall back which is getting them direct from Coker.(Same price but a shipping charge) and they are out of stock too.:mad:
This is getting interesting.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back