Jeep Engine Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting a fresh coat of yellow house paint on it with a foam brush. New paint brightens it up quite a bit. Compare it to the door. 11 year old grandson, Matt is working on the existing door art. Want to brighten it up a bit. Yellow doesn't cover very good so it will require a second coat. I have some of the black paint glass installers use around windshields. I'll use it around this windshield for a better appearance.

Attachments

• Yellow 001.jpg
    Yellow 001.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Yellow 002.jpg
    Yellow 002.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 29
  • Yellow 003.jpg
    Yellow 003.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 29
Got out my spray can of polycarbonate window border paint from Jerry Bickel Race Cars and taped off the windshield. This is the result from the outside and the inside. I found Vaseline is a good bead lube for mounting tires by hand. Here's what they look like on the front of the car.

Attachments

• Border paint 003.jpg
    Border paint 003.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Border paint 004.jpg
    Border paint 004.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Border paint 001.jpg
    Border paint 001.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 32
  • Border paint 002.jpg
    Border paint 002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 30
Bit by Bit

I put a blue stripe down the middle of her. Same as chassis color.

Order an alternator and seat belts/shoulder harness. They're about the last items needed.

Put gas in the fuel cell and ran the pump. No leaks.

Ordered some peel and stick wheel weights for the front. I have my own way of balancing wheels on the car. It's a secret.

Attachments

• stripe 002.jpg
    stripe 002.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 21
  • stripe 004.jpg
    stripe 004.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 18
OI, if I told you it wouldn't be a secret.:D Besides, I don't like to get laughed at.:eek: Still putting stripes on parts. The alternator and seat belt/harness just arrived. So, back to work.

Attachments

• Bantam Outside 008.jpg
    Bantam Outside 008.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back