Rat $h!t crazy build off

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I went through my first cup of coffee ritual, news, bills, and youtube...and there is your latest vid at top of the page. I guess its a youtube history/memory thing.

So I watched and when I got to the oil leak part, I reminisced about my oil line leaks, two of which I posted here, and was reminded of why I no longer run an oil pressure line. Too risky, maybe some day, I will do the flex line, but for now my oil pressure gauge is silent.

As for 500 miles, driving mine more than an hour beats the crap out of me. Of course this is an original bones car that is fun to drive....up to a point.

Usually an hour or two.

Someday, it will be better...I hope. But your vids are great, so I guess riding shotgun on a computer screen isn't too bad.:cool:

Well I went through my first cup of coffee ritual, news, bills, and youtube...and there is your latest vid at top of the page. I guess its a youtube history/memory thing.

So I watched and when I got to the oil leak part, I reminisced about my oil line leaks, two of which I posted here, and was reminded of why I no longer run an oil pressure line. Too risky, maybe some day, I will do the flex line, but for now my oil pressure gauge is silent.

As for 500 miles, driving mine more than an hour beats the crap out of me. Of course this is an original bones car that is fun to drive....up to a point.

Usually an hour or two.

Someday, it will be better...I hope. But your vids are great, so I guess riding shotgun on a computer screen isn't too bad.:cool:

Hahahahaha, thanks. I enjoy doing the videos. As for the driving, the little car does a pretty good job. The seats arent bad and it rides ok.

In 2023 they are planning a canada to mexico trip. I think the chevy will come out of retirement for that!!

Thanks so much for posting the vid and the others also, great stuff, I'm so jealous. Great scenery and cool rides, it's a good way for us keyboard cowboys to feel like we're along for the ride. Keep the good stuff comin' [cl[cl[P[P

Glad to hear your guys like them!!! Im working on the show footage right now. Lots to see!!

Is the final video of the actual Build-Off part. It is a little long but it didn't make much sense to break it up into multiple videos. We also walked through the rest of the cars that we're not in the build off. I still have a couple more videos of racing the car, or trying to as the case may be. Along with a couple other Drive videos that didn't really have a place with the rest of the stuff. So stay tuned

https://youtu.be/ZDVbtisbV7s

The video was inspiring! Cool rats, nice folks. Who says rat rods and rat rodders can't drive long distances. I saw one truck, the hatchery one, that is from around here. The story about the old (my age) guy putting on mega miles was special. Also heard mention of another Minnesota rod. As usual, your drone work was excellent.
In the future I would like to see more detail on the individual rods. Maybe interview the drivers a bit.
Thank you for taking us along for the ride. Proud of you, my boy.

The video was inspiring! Cool rats, nice folks. Who says rat rods and rat rodders can't drive long distances. I saw one truck, the hatchery one, that is from around here. The story about the old (my age) guy putting on mega miles was special. Also heard mention of another Minnesota rod. As usual, your drone work was excellent.
In the future I would like to see more detail on the individual rods. Maybe interview the drivers a bit.
Thank you for taking us along for the ride. Proud of you, my boy.

Thanks again man! I was going to try and get some more info on some of the cars but we kind of ran out of time. Like I said I do plan on going on a couple more trips with those guys. I will work on the suggestions. That's kind of their point is everyone says these cars are undriveable and they're just show pieces. But they like to prove people wrong

Well, Bob pretty much summed it up, great work on the videos and of course on your Model A. [cl[cl
I'd like to add that the venue for the show was also outstanding, the owner has a great setup there, so many neat and historical transportation relics and vehicles, a feast for the eyes and soul of us car nuts. [cl[cl
With the vehicles coming in from so many different states, it gives a great opportunity for us to see what different build ideas are out there, no two rats the same. :cool:

I watched the last video twice and I still don't know who won the contest. Or did anybody? :confused: [S

It really looked like everyone had a great time. [cl

This is the wiener. It was way deep in the video hahaha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210725-202253.jpg
    Screenshot_20210725-202253.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Good one Lazarat! Last time I went to show that had shiny cars and rats a couple guys made perfect asses of themselves as I was trying to maneuver out of a pinned in spot by putting themselves between me and their cars. Made something difficult out of something that would have been easy. Not ever been really a show attender and I'm constantly reminded why.

Latest posts

Back