How's your weather????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dozer, when you brought up wind chill, I wanted to underline it's importance. When it's -25 or colder a small amount of wind makes quite a bit of difference. A couple of days ago, I walked a quarter of a mile east with the wind at my back. Then I realized that I had to get back to the shop, facing the wind at 30 below. After 30 feet of walking west I realized I couldn't do it. I had my ear-tabbed hat pulled right down and my fleece lined turtle neck pulled up to my eyes and my eyes were still getting frozen. I turned around and backed into the wind, that quarter mile. That worked.

0 degrees F during the day and minus 15F at night for a week and it is here for a while. Even a slight breeze makes a difference. I walk the dogs for 45 minutes every morning. They don't seem to mind the temp but I sure do.

Fixing to get nasty here around Sunday night---bunch of freezing rain supposed to hit us. Snow I can deal with, ice, nothing to do but let it melt. Glad I'm taking a few more days off, I sure don't need to be out in that crap.....

10 degrees, about 2 1/2" of snow and the wind is blowing 25 mph.
-11 degree wind chill.

A little different than it was 2 days ago!!!

-15F when I walked the dogs this morning, But no wind. Even a light breeze is chilling though. The sun is higher in the sky so better temps are coming.

-40°C this morning, which is exactly the same as -40°F.

So, I'm making some more coffee just as daylight begins to break. I look out the window and I see my daughter's boyfriend, slothing up my driveway with a pair of jumper cables in hand. I surprised him at the door and yelled in his face, "Hey! You trying to start something?"

-40°C this morning, which is exactly the same as -40°F.

So, I'm making some more coffee just as daylight begins to break. I look out the window and I see my daughter's boyfriend, slothing up my driveway with a pair of jumper cables in hand. I surprised him at the door and yelled in his face, "Hey! You trying to start something?"

So did he change his shorts before or after he got the car started. :D:D

By the looks of the news you fellows down south are feeling the effects of the Polar Vortex pretty badly.

No doubt! We were lucky, were just across the freeze line so all we had yesterday was a cold rain. But as that freeze line moved east, everything started freezing up that had fallen. Last night we just had a few slick spots, got up this morning to 20*F and about 1" of snow that fell overnight. Just a few miles north of me, they have 1/4" of ice that is covered by snow, so we dodged the big bullet. Not supposed to get above freezing before tomorrow. Forecast calls for 60* by Sunday! I'm ready for it! I don't see how you guys in the frozen north do it, I've been cold all weekend, sitting by the heater!:eek::eek::eek:

Latest posts

Back