Mini Muscle Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been running lines and wires. Put the gas tank in place and looked inside. It was full of scaly rust. I had to cut the end off and have the inside sandblasted. I welded the end back on and guess what? No leaks!

I don't think I have ever heard or thought about sand blasting the inside of a tank. Good solution. [cl

Got any sure fire methods for keeping it from rusting in the future?

Saw this infomercial on Polish Cable TV for a Popiel Pulse Fan Afterburner for only $49.99 plus shipping and handling. PLUS, included for free was some ointment that enhances my interest in female members of the opposite sex. Don't know what I'll do with that??? Anyway, I have high hopes for the afterburner. Might go to Bonneville with it.

DJ, I'm not lining the tank with sealer, Had mixed results with it with our ethanol laced gas. I will just keep non-oxy gas in it.

Bob, I've had real good luck so far with RedKote tank liner. Did both the Lincoln and my IH tractor tanks with it, and have used ethanol blend gas and pure gas both, so far after a couple of years, no problems. Your gas up there might be different than ours down here though.

Back on the Renault in a small way. Been doing a number of tasks that tend to get overlooked when the major building is going on. I had the shifter mounted to the trans tunnel for a while but just completed the cover for it. All the wiring is going to be exposed on this car, giving the interior a competition look. Finished the throttle linkage, brake pedal, seat mountings and the steering linkage from the rack to the steering wheel. None of it picture worthy however.

Since I practically sit in the back seat it didn't make sense to put the switches in the dash where I couldn't reach them.

I started tossing the aluminum interior in the little fella. The firewall and trans tunnel are two ply with the inner made out of sheet metal, then a layer of jute insulation, then the aluminum top panels. The floor is 1/2" plywood covered with aluminum. It's a lot of fussy work fitting it all together.

'Nuther view.Only a couple more panels to make on the firewall extension. I'll leave the floor removable til I get the exhaust system built. Lot easier to build it from above rather than laying under the car.

I cleaned the 400 block and put the cam and crank I had reground in it. Can't finish the short block because I found some broken new piston rings. Rough handling somewhere along the line I 'spose. Waiting for some $$$ before I can assemble the engine.

Gauges are mounted but not connected. It is an industrial style but just fine for this Junior Street Outlaw. I use the GPS as a speedometer.
Just got the piston rings and harmonic balancer so I can put the short block together.

The pipes from the block hugger headers to the mufflers are tacked together. I welded flanges to the mufflers and pipes so they can be separated for noise making. Still have to make short tail pipes.

Latest posts

Back