A Hupmobile ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain turning to snow later tonight. But shouldn't need the snow blower this time of year. It'll find its way to the back garage shortly.

For those wondering...the frame will get another cross member and maybe a K member to stiffen it up.

Added a few more braces to the motor mounts and the trans crossmember.

I've neglected the trees on my 2 1/2 acre lot for too long. 25 years ago I over planted and now the work begins. I had a professional tree guy come in and do some of the heavy stuff last year. There's hundreds of branches that need to be removed. After some research I bought this 58 volt Echo chain saw. Boy is it powerful. I've been cutting for 4-5 hours and no need to recharge yet. It's a little heavy for me but I look at it as weight training.

Attachments

• Saw 002.jpg
    Saw 002.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Saw 001.jpg
    Saw 001.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 24
Hood Ornament

Bob- how long does winter play out up there???[S

Too long. We have a long building season and a short cruising season.

Picked up this "hood ornament" today. Not sure what it will go on.

Attachments

• Hood Ornament 002.jpg
    Hood Ornament 002.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 30
Another hood ornament.

Been down for most of a week waiting for a new computer with Windows 10. Now learning the in's and out's of the new, to me, system.

Attachments

• IMG_2910.jpg
    IMG_2910.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 20
Nice duck but, hood ornament [S[/QUOTE]

Maybe the top of a cane, should I need one in the near future. Or a shift knob.

My friends that have purchased these electric chainsaws really like them.

I just recently got one of the Kobalt battery tree saws...basically a small chain saw. It extends out 9 1/2 feet and really comes in handy keeping limbs from encroaching on this mile long driveway. Me and the neighbors just did that job again so it'll be next spring before needed again. I'm impressed! I've only got a 2 amp hour battery so it doesn't last as long as it would if I got a little bigger battery. It only took one recharge to do the whole road so I thought it worked pretty good

My woods are full of downed trees. There was a day when i would have been out there with a chain saw cleaning it all up.
Now i just watch it all rot.
Supposed to have a guy that heats with wood coming to get some of it. We will see.
Torchie

First off, I can't post more than one pic at a time. The system times out. I'm told I need a now modem but I'm not following up very quickly.

A long time friend posted this license plate on Facebook. Her husband passed away and she is selling off some automotive items. This plate has "HUP" on it so it would look good on the Hupmobile, right?

It took seven minutes to post this one picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2930.jpg
    IMG_2930.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back