fresh thinking photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres my contribution of something old done in a unique way... this sort of set up would look cool on a rod.. Just look at all those springs!:eek:

it was supposedly some sort of accessory suspension

CIMG8954.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but that suspension seems like it would ride like a boat. Not exactly what I'd want in a rod.

Has to be for some kind of Tag Axle?

No, its not, you can see it is a drive axle..

Maybe it's just me, but that suspension seems like it would ride like a boat. Not exactly what I'd want in a rod.

I recall reading about it when I saved off the picture.. the guy wasn't going to use it because it was incredibly stiff.. but you could soften it up by removing some of the leafs from the stacks.. if i recall correctly it was an accessory(aftermarket suspension) that was designed to be more stable for carrying loads.. I will have to see if I can find where I got the picture from since people seem interested in it..

I think this particular set up was on a late teens early 20's dodge...

Possibly intended as a crude swaybar? Certainly is an interesting visual.

Thats a lot of suspension for a rearend with single wheels

I found a bunch of stuff on the truck but it looks like the Owner was banned here?[S Neat idea. I liked the park bench seating.

I found a bunch of stuff on the truck but it looks like the Owner was banned here?[S Neat idea. I liked the park bench seating.

all good until you come to a corner at any kind of speed ,I almost crashed my hotrod once going into a roundabout the car could get around no problem ,I on the other hand slid right across the seat ended up with my face on the passenger side door feet up in the air just holding onto the steering wheel for life with the tips of my fingers.The way you sit in my car your arms are quite stretched so you have little side to side strength and it has a leather bench seat.We got around the corner in the end but it was quite dramatic .I do like the central driving position and them extra long looking leaf springs on them pics.

^^^ Awesome e-man. That car (Steve Moal built 36 Ford) has all kinds of crazy details... like inboard Buick drums on the year...wild stuff.

That's a airplane engine isn't it? How in the world do you hook a trans to that? Especially with it laying down.

Both of those thoughts crossed my mind. Then I remembered those old show cars from the 60s that didn't even have guts in the engines, probably still true today. It might have an angle drive box under there but if it gets driven at all, it's probably just a profile putt around the parking lot.

Latest posts

Back