Outlaw: What's missing?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

Meant to say "Lawless" (same thing...)

So this car makes the local show rounds and I was wondering why the holes in the back until I took a closer look.

I report, you decide.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
that sure cleans up the engine bay.
I wonder what was done to get the air through. I`ve had cooling issues using more obvious cooling systems [S

They tried to capture a little bit of what Dave Lohr did with his "Death's Doorstep" Coupe. Not a bad effort,

You don't hear much from Littleman anymore.

Yea, cray cray....I see the air intakes on Doorstep....being a coupe.

I believe there are a couple of push fans on the radiator in back to move some air.

A local guy has a Dodge pickup rat rod with the radiator in the back. He flows the coolant through the 2" x 4" frame rails, to the radiator on the passenger side and returning to the engine on the driver's side. He claims it stays very cool.

I see cars at Texas cars do that but always wonder how that works in our really hot summers! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• 409.jpg
    409.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 11
A local guy has a Dodge pickup rat rod with the radiator in the back. He flows the coolant through the 2" x 4" frame rails, to the radiator on the passenger side and returning to the engine on the driver's side. He claims it stays very cool.
That sounds like a lot of coolant to heat up in the first place. Then it has lots of time/space to dissipate said heat. I can see it working. At the price of coolant, it may not be all that economical, but most hotrods are not intended to be so anyway.

That sounds like a lot of coolant to heat up in the first place. Then it has lots of time/space to dissipate said heat. I can see it working. At the price of coolant, it may not be all that economical, but most hotrods are not intended to be so anyway.

Yes, with the large mass of coolant I imagine you would need a stout water pump as well to keep things moving. Definitely not economical, moreso just a novelty.

Latest posts

Back