What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a 10x12 shed set up to help make room in my shop [cl

Attachments

• 2D4671A2-C539-49EB-B0E0-978F736DB6B9.jpg
    2D4671A2-C539-49EB-B0E0-978F736DB6B9.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 16
New shop upgrade!! I fought my old stove all winter last year. Turns out it was messed up since I got it. New stove had 10 bags through it its hole life!! But 1/3rd the price of new. Way more heat!!! My old stove will meet an explosive end to its life[ddd

Attachments

• 1012211902_HDR.jpg
    1012211902_HDR.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 32
I've been a little distant lately...we had a tree behind the house get hit by lightning a few weeks ago, took out all our internet service, half our satellite TV equipment and some random pieces around the house! Our internet service is sketchy here at best, I have a cat5 cable buried that runs near the tree, the bolt must have gone underground via tree roots, and then came in the house by that cable.

We don't pay enough respect to electricity and technology, until we run out of it. Only then do we realize our loss.
Sorry to hear about your lightning hit, Bill.
The bright side of this is, now you will have lots of 'build' stories and pictures of what you did in the last few weeks, to regale us with. [dr

I did some maintenance on our zero-turn lawn mower and now thanks to a new drive belt tensioner spring it can pull wheelies, about an inch off the ground :D.

I did some brake maintenance on my 62 then did some power polishing, you can see here one of our 10.5 month old pups (we have male and female litter mates from a litter we raised) helping me polish the car. I only polished the top half of the car in these photos, so it almost looks two-toned.

Attachments

• IMG_20211108_081414.jpg
    IMG_20211108_081414.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20211108_094151.jpg
    IMG_20211108_094151.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20211108_094159.jpg
    IMG_20211108_094159.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20211108_094201.jpg
    IMG_20211108_094201.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Love those dogs Sno... used to have a male, to smart for his own good...:D

62 looks good too....wax on wax off....

Yeah we have 5 Border Collies. Ours are bred to be high-energy dogs for Dog Agility (girlfriend does it competitively), so they're pretty energetic ALL THE TIME. So clever too. I know what you mean about too smart for his own good...

Thanks! I hasn't had a wax job in years. It's a whole different colour now!

I've been a little distant lately...we had a tree behind the house get hit by lightning a few weeks ago, took out all our internet service, half our satellite TV equipment and some random pieces around the house! Our internet service is sketchy here at best, I have a cat5 cable buried that runs near the tree, the bolt must have gone underground via tree roots, and then came in the house by that cable.

I hear ya on lightning. I live in an area referred to as "lightning alley". On one of the last bad storms here at my place, I had a close hit. I had an 87 foot tall pine catch it. Lightning jumped from it to another pine the same height but not as old and then over to an oak tree. The big pine is at the corner of my yard fence. Either it was static blast or where the fence crossed wires headed to the house, the blast also knocked out bulbs on all outside lights and a couple of breakers tripped inside at the panel. I watched the trees for a couple of weeks to see if they were gonna die. I wanted to take them down if they did before they started to deteriorate or get bugs. The two pines were turning needles brown so I started the process. I got my bud Jr. to help and we put it down just right without any damage to other trees or the house. Unfortunately, somewhere during our work I managed to crack a bone in my wrist. I worked another day before giving in to the idea I might need to stop the torture. I wrapped it up up and stayed off it for 2 weeks and it felt better so I started working it again...well no, that wasn't good. I'm back to square one being lame. I only managed to get one 12' section cut on the mill with a broke hand and cut and stacked in the kiln. I got 16 @10 inch wide boards and 4@ 8 inch wide boards along with a bunch of 2 1/2" battens. The kiln is full so the next section will go into the barn until I get the 1st batch kiln dried. We'll see how it goes. Jr said he'd do all the work...naw, I can't see that happening but he'll try. I just need to get the trees cut up and tended to so I don't lose the chance at good lumber. The stuff I have cut already is about 3/4 of what I need for a project at my daughters house. As long as I get enough for that project I'll be happy but I really do want to make good use of the lost trees.

Working the point of self destruction isn't so good. But in your case there was a pressing need. Take it easy and heal up, smalls.

All the up and down of building the floor in the Renault resulted in sore knees. Like smallfoot, I kept going. The left knee was the sorest so I favored the right leg. Now that has been aching for a week. And, I've got umpty hump million leaves to blow out of my overtreed yard. Snow due in a few days so not much time. Been working as the pain allows.
Got myself banned on Facebook. All I said is women are crazy. I hope I don't get banned here for that.
So this weekend I wrote a poem.

Yeah, I wasn't gonna mention the knees...:D When I tried to get my freshly milled lumber into my cramped kiln, I found that 12'6" boards don't fit in one 12'3" long...:rolleyes: Crawling needs knee pads anymore!

Working the point of self destruction isn't so good. But in your case there was a pressing need. Take it easy and heal up, smalls.

All the up and down of building the floor in the Renault resulted in sore knees. Like smallfoot, I kept going. The left knee was the sorest so I favored the right leg. Now that has been aching for a week. And, I've got umpty hump million leaves to blow out of my overtreed yard. Snow due in a few days so not much time. Been working as the pain allows.
Got myself banned on Facebook. All I said is women are crazy. I hope I don't get banned here for that.
So this weekend I wrote a poem.
Were you quoting George Carlen's famous line? "Men are stupid, and women are crazy. Women are crazy, because men are stupid."
I need to get banned from FB. :D

Skip, I was misquoting a song title: God is great, beer is good, people are crazy. Changed it to women are crazy.:D

Bet if I said men are crazy I wouldn't have been banned.

Been banned a few times for simple stuff like that. Trying to get around their algorithms.[ddd

Skip, I was misquoting a song title: God is great, beer is good, people are crazy. Changed it to women are crazy.:D

Bet if I said men are crazy I wouldn't have been banned.

Been banned a few times for simple stuff like that. Trying to get around their algorithms.[ddd

Been averaging 3 days on 30 off (FB pokie) for the last year.....they got my number....it's a shame you get censored for saying something true and try to back it up with proof and get banned.....rant over for now. (please don't ban me for this...) back to more important stuff like CARS!

bad patient , lightning, women,, sounds like the makings of a no1 country song there guys !!!

for better driveability ( my led foot ) I recently acquired a Avanti rear sway bar + mounts etc for my Lark,

yesterdays mission making some droppers for the lower mounts off the spring plate .. using internet pics some imagineering and a bit of 2" x 1/4" angle i came up with these,,,

i just need to make round some large square washers, then ready for bolting in ...

and for you eagle eyes ,, the vertical yukkyness in front of the shock - not my work, i can see a little validity for low end protection and shouldve tidyed it up ... but left that in favor of assembling before days end

Attachments

• image0000051.jpg
    image0000051.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image0000041.jpg
    image0000041.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 24
  • image0000061.jpg
    image0000061.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image0000091.jpg
    image0000091.jpg