Paint Ideas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

I'm considering paint ideas for my 28 RPU. I know, I know...

Anyways, I ran across this Tudor that was painted with Hot Rod Flatz and then buffed out, kind of gives it an old time paint job feel. I'm thinking the "hand-rubbed lacquer and then ignored for 20 years" type of look would be pretty sweet on a nostalgia-style RPU on steelies. This is close. Thoughts?

https://www.motortrend.com/features/1932-ford-sedan-two-pack

008-1932-ford-sedan-two-pack.jpg

007-1932-ford-sedan-two-pack.jpg

I shot my Reo (see build) with Rustoleum maroon and it came out too shiny. So I sprayed satin clear over it. The clear was in spray bombs.

Shiny paint only looks good on really straight metal to me. My Frankenstein body metal can only be rusty...I'm with Skip, we do what we want to do with no reserve!

My vision is this, but a little more rubbed-through to expose the colour underneath. My truck will have black fenders, but I'm wanting them to look a bit weathered with a red oxide colour underneath. The body will be red oxide coloured, but want some black underneath exposed. So essentially if I do that I'll have to paint the truck twice, once in the opposite colour combo and once in the correct one.

I don't want satin, or a super-fake patina, but I want less shiny than regular glossy paint.

The vision is evolving, but that's where I'm at now.

Latest posts

Back