1931 Chevy Tub/Roadster "Evelyn"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerkelUSA

I posted this in my INTRO POST - But I see that it should have gone here..

I bought this Sheet-Metal Shape back in 2001 and build most of it from a Wheelchair after a major Trucking accident (He wanted my lane and HE got it, A rented 18-Wheeler with this little Mexican guy Driving WITHOUT A LICENSE!!!.. AWESOME!)

FOUR years of my life spent home restoring things "as I got them" (really slow BTW) - Maybe I should have thanked him? ahhh NOT! - Actually it was a better thing to do than being DEPRESSED all the time.. It really helped..

Anyways... I made a new Video to get you up-to-date on what's up..

Just click the link in my signature and It's a compressed version of 9 years! (HOLY CRAP has it been that long???)

Enjoy it.. I'm now back on the SCENE and really ROCKING on this thing...

Last edited:
Thats very nice , and i am glad you got out of the wheelchair. How do you get all this free stuff? Nobody wants to give me anything for free, i must be doing something wrong.

Junkyards

Thats very nice , and i am glad you got out of the wheelchair. How do you get all this free stuff? Nobody wants to give me anything for free, i must be doing something wrong.

Me too.. Wheelchairs STINK! - Thanks..

I fix Computers for a local Junkyard that RELIES on them. So that's a PLUS+ - I just recently scored a small Boat Trailer from the owner that was seconds from the Crusher and only needed minor repairs (bent tube) I post the Car's he sells on Craigs.. stuff like that.. OH and COFFEE in the morning delivered is a PLUS+ I'm guessing.. :D

Seriously I go there so much I call the owner my "Other Dad".. nice guy.. He's more concerned about the Metal in an object.. not the seats, or a radio.., switches small stuff etc.. could care less..

This was the score before that.. I took a bunch of parts from an old Willy's Truck minutes before the CRUSHER and a few Vintage rigs.. Cars.. whatever I could get that was removable..... The Willy's? It's probably now in China..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFjjQxXKc-M&feature=channel

Rob

Expansion Tank

I was cruzin the local Flea Market with the Wife the other day and came across a 76mm (3" Inches around) M-1 Sherman Tank Shell on a Vendor's Table.. I didn't even ask what he wanted for the thing but I thought it was COOL.. after 3 more rows I decided to return and ask.. $5 BUCKS!!!! - Why did I return? I kept thinking about what the Hotrod needed.. one of those things in my little list was an Expansion Tank for the Radiator.. and since the whole THEME of my Rod was WAR a Big Brass Tank Round was going to be a cool addition to the project..

here it is..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5YbDfq4Py0&feature=channel

See the Video after that one to see what my O'l Man made for the Top.. SWEET !

Rob

Very cool! I've spent the past hour or so catching up with your videos as well as subscribing of course ;). Good stuff. Keep it coming!

i'll have to check out that tank round expansion tank. i have a ww2 20 mm gun round shift knob that came up from the bottom of the ocean. i'm thinking about something similar since the reservoir in my car is (mostly) brass.

TY

Thanks ALL.. I did use that 76mm M1 Sherman Tank round as the expansion tank for the Radiator if you haven't seen Video #53 - Dad made a Poly cap for it on my Grandfathers old Lathe and it snap-fits in place tight.. - I'm up to 62 and welding-up the Lake Exhaust..

I'm really thinking about Bomber Seats now.. Buckets for the front and a sort of Love Seat for the back.. But I'm also wondering of those 80's Cavalier Seats I have skinned down to the tubes with the high-back sheetmetal cut off would be a good idea to skin over in Aluminum.. Hmm [ddd

On another NOTE my Parents came over last weekend and my Mother had a wooden Cross that my Grandfather had made for his Sisters Grave a good 20 years ago and it was rotted bad.. So I made her a new one in some real Material.. STEEL - 2x2x1/8" and a scrap of 3/16ths plug-welded on the face of it so Mom can paint her name or a prayer on it.. It came out PERFECT!!! [;) - I later capped the 3 ends and you can see the spike I added to hold it in the ground..

Pics of Cross:
#1 - #2 - #3 - #4

Latest posts

Back