My '42 Chevy pickup build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Lucky, your truck looks awesome. As a thought for lifting your bed, you might look at using a 12 volt electric motor/lift solenoid assembly off of a golf cart with a utility bed. We have a couple of these carts where I work and the unit is fairly small and fairly stout.

I aslo think sour apple will be cool!!

Hey Lucky, your truck looks awesome. As a thought for lifting your bed, you might look at using a 12 volt electric motor/lift solenoid assembly off of a golf cart with a utility bed. We have a couple of these carts where I work and the unit is fairly small and fairly stout.

I aslo think sour apple will be cool!!

Thanx bro!!

Hmmmm I will have to look around and see if I can find something like that
Thanx!!

Yeah it is a killer color!! Tons of flake!!!!

Me and the BOSS"

Figured I'd throw up a pic of my beautiful girlfriend since she has been a big help with the build of the KREATURE!!!

Attachments

• 296526_288638361162302_100000484211523_1275886_1742135246_n.jpg
    296526_288638361162302_100000484211523_1275886_1742135246_n.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 119
The KREATURE is G R E E N!!!!!!

Got the cab and doors and the little stuff painted tonite!!!

Attachments

• PAINT.jpg
    PAINT.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 112
  • PAINT2.jpg
    PAINT2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 99
  • PAINT3.jpg
    PAINT3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 98
  • PAINT4.jpg
    PAINT4.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 99
  • PAINT5.jpg
    PAINT5.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 97
NIIIICE!!!! that color looks good on the truck bro. what paint is that? looks super clean! good work bro[dr

Thanx bro I am sp stoked!!! It is summit racing brand paint the price you can't beat and it sprays o nice!!! This was my 1st paint job!!! The color is called Sour apple green metallic

I'm digging on that color. Might just have to look into the Summit paint when I get to that point. Good Job!

just another lift bed idea

some of those clock spring hood hinges might work for an empty bed. those old hood were heavy as **** and I know alot of old car had them. probably could get some free or cheap and double them up if you have to. just thinking of what looks old school and mechanical the clock spring is a newer 06 escalade / the older is a 1st gen camaro but they had them on all kinds of hoods and is more common

Attachments

• hinges.jpg
    hinges.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 15
  • sucs_0707_03_z+first_generation_camaro_hood_hinge_install+stock_hinge.jpg
    sucs_0707_03_z+first_generation_camaro_hood_hinge_install+stock_hinge.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 13
I'm digging on that color. Might just have to look into the Summit paint when I get to that point. Good Job!

Thanx bro!! Yeah the summit stuff is great!! Lays out really nice! I used there primer and sealer as well and you can't beat the price!!! All my primer sealer and paint was under $300!!!!

some of those clock spring hood hinges might work for an empty bed. those old hood were heavy as **** and I know alot of old car had them. probably could get some free or cheap and double them up if you have to. just thinking of what looks old school and mechanical the clock spring is a newer 06 escalade / the older is a 1st gen camaro but they had them on all kinds of hoods and is more common

Right on!!! Thanx bro I will have to check that out for sure!!!

Latest posts

Back