Anyone know what these bumpers are from?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radford46

A bunch of old AD Chevies and GMC's sitting in a field rotting away. The bumpers on this one look like new chrome. Have kindofa 3 roll affect on them. Some kind of aftermarket? Another truck? Factory upgrade (never seen it).
People won't even talk about selling them, but cool to see anyway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 116
A bunch of old AD Chevies and GMC's sitting in a field rotting away. The bumpers on this one look like new chrome. Have kindofa 3 roll affect on them. Some kind of aftermarket? Another truck? Factory upgrade (never seen it).
People won't even talk about selling them, but cool to see anyway.

Radford , I believe those bumpers where offered as an option for the AD panel trucks along with the fender trim package
Oldog

Cool

Thanks odd rods . Guess they're stainless. Sure haven't rusted like the rest of the truck. Didn't see any panels but there's lots of buildings.

I need to find a set of those Plymouth bumpers for my Lincoln![dr

I see them on E-bay and they seem to run around $300-350 for a pair Bamamav. But I have seen them for less.
The ones that I have waiting for me are still attached to the car on a friends farm. What with all the snow here now most likely won't get them till spring.
They would look great on your car.
Torchie.

Channel

So Earthman, you think they just stamped GMC on a piece of channel and sold it to the 'faithful' like 187 suggests? I guess we don't have a picture,so that could be the case.
The ones on the old AD definitely look like the Plymouth bumpers.
I found a pair of beat up ones with the bumperettes that I think I'll pick up and sandblast then paint silver.

I see them on E-bay and they seem to run around $300-350 for a pair Bamamav. But I have seen them for less.
The ones that I have waiting for me are still attached to the car on a friends farm. What with all the snow here now most likely won't get them till spring.
They would look great on your car.
Torchie.

Yep, just looked at some over there. Putting these on my list for future purchase when the greenbacks come in.[dr

Latest posts

Back