I dont want back brakes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Misfit

I tell you... I get no respect!
I bought a wrecked 1990 GMC sierra to use for parts.It still runs and I would like to use it ,around the farm,for a while before I take it apart. One of the rear wheel cyl.s. is leaking+I was thinking about just disconecting the rear line near the master cyl.+put a bolt or something in it+just use ft brakes..Do you think that would work?? thax

I've crimped the rear line before back when I was too poor to fix it immediately. No big deal really. Just doesn't stop as nicely. I had a few junkers I drove for months back then before I realized the rear brake cylinders were froze.

my daughters have been driving around the farm here for four or five years on four different trucks since they were eleven or twelve years old. none of their trucks have had rear brakes. it makes it interesting when a front line rots off. both girls have this happen and learned to shut the engine off to stop. the only problem is is that some cars have a cross line system or what i'm trying to say is that one front wheel is tied to the opposite side rear wheel so pinching off and bending over the line going to the rear doesn't always work to eliminate the rear brakes but if you are only eliminating one rear wheel cylinder pinch off, bend the line over and hammer it flat for the line going to the leaky cylinder.

my daughters have been driving around the farm here for four or five years on four different trucks since they were eleven or twelve years old. none of their trucks have had rear brakes. it makes it interesting when a front line rots off. both girls have this happen and learned to shut the engine off to stop. the only problem is is that some cars have a cross line system or what i'm trying to say is that one front wheel is tied to the opposite side rear wheel so pinching off and bending over the line going to the rear doesn't always work to eliminate the rear brakes but if you are only eliminating one rear wheel cylinder pinch off, bend the line over and hammer it flat for the line going to the leaky cylinder.

And that's the way we true red necks roll. I've got a old Ford (there's that "F" word again) feed truck that only has one working wheel cylinder. I just never got in a hurry and the cows always waited for me. I'd still use it if it didn't have any brakes.

Get a brass couple that is tapered thread, and put a plug in the end not connected to the brake line. Done.

Or just spend the $20. and replace the wheel cylinder.

Latest posts

Back