39 Ford PU Moonshine Bandit AKA. (Booze Bandit)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rboutlawmotorsports

This is my 1st Rat Rod build plus I'm new to RRR. I'm building a 39 Ford PU we named it Moonshine Bandit AKA Booze Runner.. I really dont know how this build will turn out but I will do my best to explain and post pics as I go.. I'm new to the rat rod world and love what I see. Let me explain and give u a little story. I'm a 2nd gen. dirt track race and car builder, my father started it out racing and building race cars and I helped him untill he died then I started following his dream just like my son and daughter is doing now.. During this build we will use my knowledge from racing to build this truck.. Matter of fact I will be using one of our pro stock 3 link cars that has a 75 camaro front clip, u will see where we cut cage off and we will be reworking the chassis to be a rat rod. My vision is going to coilover front and back , the only thing stock on camaro stub will be lower control arm and steering. I hope u all enjoy following me in this build and see the changes as i go... Because being truthfull I have NO clue where this will take me and u guys.. All I know its going to be chopped and channeled (? dont look right to me ) anyway u have the picture.. Heres pics of the chassis.. Thanks for reading ( The Outlaw).[P[cl

Attachments

• 100_0821.jpg
    100_0821.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 100_0824.jpg
    100_0824.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_0825.jpg
    100_0825.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_0826.jpg
    100_0826.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_0818.jpg
    100_0818.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 201
Looks like this will be a good one to watch. Good luck! I have a 38 Ford that I have been kicking around for years now. One day I am ready to sell it the next I want to build it again. It is a love hate relationship. Engine plans yet? Keep us posted.

cage

put the cage back in when done with the body work and make it look like a old school circle race car:D very popular now days to do that.

be watching[P

Later :cool:

Looks like this will be a good one to watch. Good luck! I have a 38 Ford that I have been kicking around for years now. One day I am ready to sell it the next I want to build it again. It is a love hate relationship. Engine plans yet? Keep us posted.

Yes , I have a Bad Ass polished out 327 ported polished double humps , bored 030 , oliver rod , steal forged crank , all polished and blue printed , with 2 x 4 intake , it got big cam with roller rockers I'm going to run a 3 speed trany I will be posting pics soon so stay tuned Thanks for reading....[cl (Outlaw)

39 Ford PU Moonshine Bandit AKA. (Booze Runner)

Guys , I;m going to try and get you all caught up still work in progress.. I've done cross bracing and looking at 4 linking the back section not sure this is what we will go with but like I said I will change stuff untill I get it right... Thanks for looking .... (The Outlaw).... [S

Attachments

• IMAG0249.jpg
    IMAG0249.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 98

The 1st body test fit on the chassis , I will be laying the grill back some to get the look I'm looking for... I'm going to do my thing... Long ways to go and no short cuts... Just keep in mind there will be alot trial and errors... I have been working on the booze runner now off and on for 3 1/2 months... I work 13 to 14 hrs a day so u see where I'm at, plus I'm trying to finish our new race car for the new season coming up... Thanks for looking guys ....(The Outlaw)....[;) [cl

Attachments

• IMAG0259.jpg
    IMAG0259.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMAG0289.jpg
    IMAG0289.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 136

Here is the Bad Ass 327 this little engine turns over 9000 rpm easy... The block has had alot of works billit splade caps every thing high dollar in this engine... I have over $10 K in this baby.... Believe me with roller cam and over 14 to 1 compression and u crank it up it scary sounding ... I bought all the polished bolt ons and built engine mounts and set engine in... Thanks for looking.... (The Outlaw) [;)

Attachments

• IMAG0291.jpg
    IMAG0291.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG0293.jpg
    IMAG0293.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMAG0295.jpg
    IMAG0295.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 92

Getting Ready for a 4 in Chop ... Little nervous about this chop never done one before I'm sure I will screw it up but learn something to.. I need to get a couple drink down me and go for it...Thanks for looking .... (The Outlaw) [;) :eek:....

Attachments

• IMAG0313.jpg
    IMAG0313.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0314.jpg
    IMAG0314.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 74
I used a Camaro stub on my project also. I had trouble hiding the steering box and making room for the radiator so I put an old Woodward rack in it from a late model chassis. I like where your going with this. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents worth in. I used to run street stocks and still have many friends that race one class or another. Good luck with your project.

Hey outlaw, WOW your making good progress. We have a 39' also but our build is 2yrs into it & hope'n we can get move'n on it soon.

Thought I'd pass this along & you could see how our 5" chop looks before you hack away. I have no idea how far back the build thread is but it's there somewhere. Just seeing another 39' in motion gets me excited again. Thanks for posting the pics & welcome to RRR.

Rex

Woodward rack

I used a Camaro stub on my project also. I had trouble hiding the steering box and making room for the radiator so I put an old Woodward rack in it from a late model chassis. I like where your going with this. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents worth in. I used to run street stocks and still have many friends that race one class or another. Good luck with your project.

I appreciate the 2 cents , because believe it or not I am considering a rack from a latemodel and will probably do something like that.. I know I will be cutting and chopping the frame spring bucket out and cleaning up frame rails.. I'm going to put coil overs on the front and rear.. I want differant thats what Im after. Thanks for in put I do want to here what everyone thinks as u put it 2 cents ... Thanks Bro!!!! (The Outlaw) [cl [cl

39 Ford

Hey outlaw, WOW your making good progress. We have a 39' also but our build is 2yrs into it & hope'n we can get move'n on it soon.

Thought I'd pass this along & you could see how our 5" chop looks before you hack away. I have no idea how far back the build thread is but it's there somewhere. Just seeing another 39' in motion gets me excited again. Thanks for posting the pics & welcome to RRR.

Rex

Rex Thanks , yes I have already chop the roof 4 in. I wood of liked to of taken it to 5 in. but I'm 6 ft 3in and I plan on channeling it 2 or 3 in. Im sure there will be an uncontrollable change all the time... I think I know what I want but then here we go CHANGE again. Get on that 39 Brother maybe we can go cruise one day u never know... I plan on cruising this baby... Keep intouch ... (The Outlaw)[;) :)

Cool truck Outlaw, really nice looking engine too..

We should have a bunch of Okies cruise down to Pop's on Rt66 some weekend, take over the parking lot with rusty iron:D:D

Latest posts

Back