Old Man from ChicagoLand

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronRat

Occasional lurker over the last year. New owner of Old metal. My '51 Chevy Project:

I was a gearhead in H.S. in the 70's but let that slip away over the years. I'm here to indulge my Midlife Crisis. Looking forward to meeting & talking to everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Frank

Welcome to RRR! Good looking ride!

Welcome aboard Frank! Love the Chevy....and a hardtop at that! With a little massaging that Olds stuff will look right at home on there too.......hope you are leaving it. :cool:

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Not sure how I feel about that bumper. My initial thought is that it's too much??? I'll start a build journal thread, looking forward to your thoughts as I go.

Welcome to RRR! Get the paint off that bumper and push it back where it needs to be, it'll probably look great. Might help to lower it a couple inches too - the car I mean.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

A hardtop and the last of the old timey split windshields as well! Will be interesting to see what you do with it. Welcome to the board IR

That split window was the icing on the cake when I looked at it. :D

Already with the suggestions! Being more of a racer than a custom i suggest forming a roll pan to replace the front bumper. Leaving the center grille in place and losing about 60 lbs. The 455 will get you in the 130 club without a doubt.

earthman - Interesting idea on the roll pan. ;)

The Olds bumper is is coming off, It doesn't work with the lines of the car. The center grill bar is also from the Olds that will go too. I was thinking adding the original bumper w/o the center bar. Considering a 5gl Moon tank in the center of the grill but not sure if that works will the Lakester idea? I've been looking at old Bonniville pics for ideas. Also thinking I would need to fab some type of screen to protect the radiator.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I finally get a day to myself to work on the car and I think it's 10 outside right now? :rolleyes:

Insulated coveralls & lots of coffee....anyone can do this in a well equipped heated shop...were's the braggin' rights in that? :D

Last edited:
Thanks.

I finally get a day to myself to work on the car and I think it's 10 outside right now? :rolleyes:

Insulated coveralls & lots of coffee....anyone can do this in a well equipped heated shop...were's the braggin' rights in that? :D

I work outside under a canopy but I choose So. Cal. not Chicago :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back