Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got to be proud of what you've put together here, a real Jeep that has way more class than the new Gladiator - the one they should have built with no plastic junk on it. [cl[cl[cl

Get ready for all the questions, POPS.
Other then the fact that it's built 10 times better than any jeep ever was, it looks like a factory prototype.[cl:D:cool::cool:
Torchie

Alaska, hey? Let us Western Canadians know if you end up making the trip, maybe you can meet a few of us along your journey.

The truck looks awesome!

Thanks Snopro.
We had the maps out looking at where we want to go and the way we want to go to get there last night.

That's a sign of "It's going to happen". The other "sign" is when there's enough money in the savings account. And that ain't going too well right now.

Where in Canada are you?

Last edited:
You've got to be proud of what you've put together here, a real Jeep that has way more class than the new Gladiator - the one they should have built with no plastic junk on it. [cl[cl[cl

Thank you ZZ.
I sold my 4 door Jeep JK with the intention of buying one of the new Gladiators. Then I drove one and saw the price.:eek:

This will fill my need and the only plastic is the trim on the front seats!
And I'm thinking about fixing that. [ddd

Thanks Snopro.
We had the maps out looking at where we want to go and the way we want to go to get there last night.

That's a sign of "It's going to happen". The other "sign" is when there's enough money in the savings account. And tha ain't going too well right now.

Where in Canada are you?

I'm just a few minutes East of Edmonton, Alberta.

Get ready for all the questions, POPS.
Other then the fact that it's built 10 times better than any jeep ever was, it looks like a factory prototype.[cl:D:cool::cool:
Torchie

Thank you Torchie.
It's already started. I went yesterday to get it weighed for the DMV experience and the guy asked if he could check it out. He was all over it and crawled completly under it to see what I had done.

I guess it passed his inspection cause he said it was sick what ever that means[S[S

I got the main glass in the doors yesterday finally. Why does it take so long to do such a simple task??
Cause you have to spend half a day looking for the lost baggy labeled "door hardware"!#*@$%!!!!

I must have been half asleep when I ordered the parts for the doors. I failed to order the rubbers to install the wing vent windows twice. And once again I'm in sticker shock. Why does a pair of molded rubbers about 16'' cost $94 plus frght??[S:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_5731.jpg
    IMG_5731.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 10
I'm near Grande Prairie, Alberta. I'm also about 90 miles south east of Dawson Creek, BC. which is Mile '0' on the Alaska Highway, [Al-Can Hyway].

Pops, most of the Alberta snowbirds cross the border at Coutts/ SweetGrass, in Montana.

What Mac said: Sweetgrass/Coutts is probably the most efficient. I've crossed at a number of the crossings from Saskatchewan to across the bottom of BC. Sometimes you get less hassle at the smaller crossings, but it's a gamble. Some of the smaller crossings coming back into Canada, the border agents were interested in my truck and chatting despite a long line behind us. I find Sweetgrass/Coutts is usually all business.

I just roughly mapped out from your town to Alaska on Google. One of the suggested routes, through Saskatchewan then across Alberta, would put you within 2 miles of my place then take you up Mac's way.

Last edited:
I'm near Grande Prairie, Alberta. I'm also about 90 miles south east of Dawson Creek, BC. which is Mile '0' on the Alaska Highway, [Al-Can Hyway].

Pops, most of the Alberta snowbirds cross the border at Coutts/ SweetGrass, in Montana.

What Mac said: Sweetgrass/Coutts is probably the most efficient. I've crossed at a number of the crossings from Saskatchewan to across the bottom of BC. Sometimes you get less hassle at the smaller crossings, but it's a gamble. Some of the smaller crossings coming back into Canada, the border agents were interested in my truck and chatting despite a long line behind us. I find Sweetgrass/Coutts is usually all business.

I just roughly mapped out from your town to Alaska on Google. One of the suggested routes, through Saskatchewan then across Alberta, would put you within 2 miles of my place then take you up Mac's way.

Thanks for the info. I'll give y'all a shout when this trip happens.

We're in a holding pattern for now. My 95 yr old mother is on hospice with stage four kidny failure and refuses to do the dialysis thing.
I don't want to get too far from her for now. Yes i'm still a mamma's boy and damned proud of it!!

Haters.....

A guy at the gas station told me that I had ruined a "Perfectly Good" Willys! Kinda rubbed me the wrong way so I told him it was actually 2 or 3 Willys that were "Ruined" in the process of building this thing. [ddd
To each his own.

Then a jack a$$ at NAPA started telling me what I should have done different and I lost it and told him to get his sorry A$$ back in his Prius [he really was in a Prius [cl] and let me know when he builds any thing from the ground up and I'd be glad to critique it for him.

Two haters in one day!![S:eek:[S
I don't get it.

99% of comments are good and I do appreciate them I am always glad to talk to people and answer the multitude of questions.

Last edited:
Progress...

I got the rubbers for my vent windows and installed them today.
Glass is finally done. One more door card and then the head liner and the interior will be done.

After way too much brain strain i got the Fitech fuel system dialed in. So far it seems good. Starts instantly, good power, and idles smooth. MPG to be determined after I get done driving it like I stole it.:cool:

Attachments

• E8F4ADD9-88EB-4A28-BDA3-2C1F9917169B.jpg
    E8F4ADD9-88EB-4A28-BDA3-2C1F9917169B.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 17
Wow, I can't believe anyone would tell you that that thing was a waste. It's beautiful, but like you said to each their own. I wouldn't trust a guy who drives a Prius. So his opinion doesn't count.

The 99% are right, the 1% that have negative things to say are haters or just out and out rude baztards.
We build our rides to make us happy and your Willy's gives me a happy smile ever time I see it.

Latest posts

Back