Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally was able to find the time to go and pick up my new to me compressor. (And some of you guys thought me old stuff was old...:eek: [ddd ).
Loaded and unloaded this beast with the skinny guy in the one picture using only armstrong power to get it onto the lift gate as well as the center of the truck bed. And then back onto the lift gate and off to the floor.
Sometimes us one legged guys just got to do stuff like this.
Next step is to get it in its position and then wired in.
Looking forward to having a compressor that can keep up.
Thanks for checking in on me.......
Torchie

Thank goodness for power tailgates! Glad you got a better compressor!

Thank goodness for power tailgates! Glad you got a better compressor!

Never would have happened without it, snopro. Not enough door height to use a tractor bucket to lift it.

thats a beauty [cl I love old tools and equipment
It runs like a champ and is really quiet. It belongs to the friend that helped me move it, but since he doesn't really have a shop and uses mine this is where it will be.

CFM: It's not just for carburetors...

You mean that size really does matter, DR.??:eek: :eek::eek: :eek:[ddd [ddd

Tired out Torchie

Mrs Cranky is terrible with numbers and math. Let's keep it that way...

LOL. Reminds me of a story, Crank.......
When I was a young Chef one of my Chef mentors sent a newbie off to get a 6" saute' pan. The gal came back with a 12" fry pan. The Chef looked at it and said." You are going to be sadly disappointed one day.":eek:
He ended up marrying her.[ddd
Torchie

Last edited:
LOL. Reminds me of a story, Crank.......
When I was a young Chef one of my Chef mentors sent a newbie off to get a 6' saute' pan. The gal came back with a 12' fry pan. The Chef looked at it and said." You are going to be sadly disappointed one day.":eek:
He ended up marrying her.[ddd
Torchie

The last line of this is hilarious! [cl

Moved it 40 miles yesterday. :D
Now I only have to move it 20 feet more.:eek: :p
I'm going to plumb this one in with hard line to my hose reel along with a inline water trap/ filter.
I will also put in a coupler that by passes the hose real so I can go to a bigger air hose for more volume when needed.
Last pic shows the long and the short of it all.[ddd
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 19
Moved it 40 miles yesterday. :D
Now I only have to move it 20 feet more.:eek: :p
I'm going to plumb this one in with hard line to my hose reel along with a inline water trap/ filter.
I will also put in a coupler that by passes the hose real so I can go to a bigger air hose for more volume when needed.
Last pic shows the long and the short of it all.[ddd
Torchie

It's too bad it's not on something with a flat bottom like a pallet. I've seen guys use metal rods, like how the Egyptians built the pyramids, to move large mills and big heavy stuff like that. It makes it super easy.

It's too bad it's not on something with a flat bottom like a pallet. I've seen guys use metal rods, like how the Egyptians built the pyramids, to move large mills and big heavy stuff like that. It makes it super easy.

Funny you should mention the pyramids, snopro.
My wife swears that in one of my earlier lives I was one of the slaves that built the pyramids after having watched me move large ,heavy objects by my self.
She asked me once how I had moved a stand up floor safe ( With out wheels) by my self and I replied. "The same way I built the pyramids. Leverage and the Lash.":eek:
I'm considering putting it on 2 -6x6 beams so I can put some pipes under them to roll it.
It has to be up on blocks or the bottom tank drain hits the floor. I am getting help tomorrow from my skinny friend so I suspect that we will just walk it over to the spot.
Torchie

Seeing them side by side... there's a chef joke in there, somewhere...

Is it 2 stage or single, I can't tell... either way, congrats on you new old compressor! [cl

I'm believe it's just a single stage., Crank.
Although i'm not sure how to tell the difference.[S
I've been checking it over and lots of electrical info plates on it but not much for the actual compressor part.
It's a 220 motor.
This thing is extremely top heavy so I'm going to wait for some help to move it.
A Chef's joke ,indeed.:D
I've had a full life and have known many colorful people.( Perhaps even being one of them, myself.) One of my former music students confided to me that when he first met me he thought that some of my stories may have BS, but as time went on he realized that they weren't. I told him that if you live a full life you don't have to make things up.:)
Torchie

Here are some better pics of the compressor unit.
It's only got one air intake which is usually indicative of a 2 stage but it also has a different jug configuration???
Could just be a single piston as well.
Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-12.jpg
    2-12.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 2-13.jpg
    2-13.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 14
Might help

They all look alike. Mine is an old hand-me-down also. Either way if it works all is good.
Good score, use it well [cl

Attachments

• 20190730_164517.jpg
    20190730_164517.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190730_164413.jpg
    20190730_164413.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190730_164502.jpg
    20190730_164502.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 9
Congrats on the new air compressor.From the pics it appears two be 2 cylinder 2 stage. Intake is on large cylinder which is then pumped into smaller cylinder to increase pressure then into tank.

Congrats on the new air compressor.From the pics it appears two be 2 cylinder 2 stage. Intake is on large cylinder which is then pumped into smaller cylinder to increase pressure then into tank.

That's kind of what I thought as well. kenny. Based on looking at the base of the cylinder.
Still trying to figure out what that rectangular ribbed thing on the side of the cylinders is. :eek: :D
Just a different style then what I'm used to seeing. Mostly have experience with the V type cylinder setup.
Thanks.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 10
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 12
I'm going to underline your observation, that 'if you live a full life you don't have to make anything up'. A young fellow in our community is an uncommonly good builder of things and leads a full, colourful life but still has to 'make up things' over and above his usual exploits. This saddens me.
You keep making me think philosophically, Torchie. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back