1937 Ford Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a little done today. After cutting out a relief for the lower radiator hose and welding a piece back into the cross member I started on the radiator support. A lot of [S[S[S. It's made out of .120 wall 1/2" X 1" rectangle tube. The radiator will be rubber mounted. There will be tabs bolted to the radiator support/frame to mount the radiator shell to. the tab will be bolted for the sake of adjustment of the shell. I still have to make threaded inserts for the frame . The three tabs on each side of the frame for the shell will most likely be made from 1/8" plate. I hope this makes sense. I will get more pictures when more of it is done.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 23
Thanks gents. Not much done today. Had to take the oiler for the Bridgeport apart and clean it out. The oil in it had varnished and plugged up the filter in the bottom of it. I don't know what oil to use in it, I put bar and chain oil in it. I figured it would be stickier than motor oil and stay in place longer. Reworked the lower plates that mount to the frame. I welded a 1/4" spacer to the bottom of them that is tapped for the rubber mounts. I made a bunch of 3/8 OD by 1/2" long sleeves that are threaded 1/4-20 inside to weld into the uprights of the support frame for the tabs that will mount the upper rubber mounts and radiator shell. It's probably over kill but I want them adjustable.

Got to work on the radiator support today. I made spacers and tabs to mount the grill shell to the radiator support. The two lower ones on each side bolt into the bungs I made last week that are welded into the frame around the radiator. The upper ones are bolted to tabs that are welded to the frame. the spacers are 3/4" round stock that are threaded 1/4-20 all the way through so that if adjustment is needed I can loosen them up and move them around a little. I still need to make the brackets to mount an A/C condenser. I also need to come up with a plan for the front hood latches. They may be a bit difficult. I've got some head scratching to do.[S.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 15
Nice job on all those fiddly little brackets Kenny. That's time consuming work for sure, but it turned out great and looks pretty solid.

Latest posts

Back