1937 Ford Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys. Bob, I have a small slip roller but so far I have bending it over my leg. The steel I'm using is only 20 gauge, It bends really easy. I also have an eight foot brake for bending the flange that lands on the 1/2 x1" frame tubing.

Tranny tunnel

I got the rest of the pieces for the tunnel made. the front two are only tacked in. I will try to remove the front section and weld it up on the bench. I used cardboard for patterns for all but the last piece, it's the second one back from the firewall. I used masking tape make the pattern. It was the easiest one to make. I wish I could have done it that way on the others, wouldhave saved a lot of time.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 19
Looks good! I like how you kept it tight to the tranny too, lots of guys go way large on the tunnel, forgetting how tight these pickup cabs are, you need all the footroom you can get. [cl[cl[P

Looks good! I like how you kept it tight to the tranny too, lots of guys go way large on the tunnel, forgetting how tight these pickup cabs are, you need all the footroom you can get. [cl[cl[P

Agreed on the foot room problem. If I had more I may have gone with a standard. It is going to be tight with only a gas and brake pedals.

This weekend was supposed to be work on the floor. After removing the ballasts and fluorescent bulbs from six four bulb fixtures. I got started on floor panels. When it came time to do the bead rolling the bead roller crapped out. After a half an hour of trying to figure it out I found that the foot switch was bad. It is a variable speed motor and has a strange switch in the pedal. I had to order a new one. $50.00! Another hour was wasted trying to gaff a switch to get me through the weekend. A micro switch works if you don't want variable speed. . This morning also brought a septic tanker that needed the dump valve fixed and that took up part of the morning. That's the story of why it took three days to make four panels. I stepped the inside of each panel down and then ran raised beads. I also welded the rest of the tunnel and ground the welds.

Attachments

• IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 29
Floor

Finished the rest of the floor panels and the door for master cylinder access. Next is tying the tunnel into the firewall. Before I weld it in permanent I have to figure out the routing for the shift cable for the B&M shifter. I picked up the shifter at a swap meet. It didn't come with the mount at the trans or the lever that goes in the trans. I have to figure out if I can modify the stock one or have to buy one for the B&M. Also need a throttle cable and a parking brake set up. Any suggestions on a floor mounted parking Brake set up would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back