Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome scenery and a great deal, Happy New Year for sure [cl[cl

Wow that's looks like a good way to spend a day with the wife. Heck of a deal you got on the donor.[P[P

Right on with the wife, trip, donor and beautiful scenery [cl:cool::cool::cool:

"...current wife..." :D
Great score on the donor. [cl

I used to go on these trips by myself until she retired and figured out how much fun I was having without her! I enjoy the company and we usually have a good time.

She loves it when I introduce her as "my current wife". NOT!!!!
I never tell them that we've been married for 49 years.

I'm going to try to build this thing in a more wallet friendly way than in past.
and this for a donor will save me weeks in labor and $$ in parts costs.[S[S

Happy New Year to all.

Great scenery. Great find on the donor.😎😎
My current wife( 36 years) has a guy at the hardware store I call her “ future” husband 🙀😜
Going to be another great POPS build.
Torchie

I used to go on these trips by myself until she retired and figured out how much fun I was having without her! I enjoy the company and we usually have a good time.

She loves it when I introduce her as "my current wife". NOT!!!!
I never tell them that we've been married for 49 years.

I'm going to try to build this thing in a more wallet friendly way than in past.
and this for a donor will save me weeks in labor and $$ in parts costs.[S[S

Happy New Year to all.
Start introducing her as your EX-girlfriend. [ddd :D

I got the fuel pump wiring "re-engineered" till I can find a new connector and the engine runs great. Transmission shifts great. Transfer case and axles work as needed, the sun was shining and no wind.

An all around good day on this project:cool::eek:[cl

The plan for tomorrow is to remove the 3" suspension lift.
Then remove the cab.

This thing has a 2'' body lift on it also. I don't know what I will end up with till I set the Willys cab and bed on the frame and have a look see. I do know it won't be lifted 5''.

Attachments

• IMG-2864.jpg
    IMG-2864.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-2865.jpg
    IMG-2865.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-2866.jpg
    IMG-2866.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-2874.jpg
    IMG-2874.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-2867-1.jpg
    IMG-2867-1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Off to the races!

Sell the lift kit(s) and the rear bumper and get half your investment back. Well, some of it anyway.

Help a brother out.....

After getting the connector for the fuel pump wired up I started to remove the cab from the donor pickup.

What a mess of wiring, engine control module, Abs control crap, throttle position sensor, crankshaft position sensor and on and on!!!

I had it in mind to keep the fuel injection system but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

What do I need to do to keep the computerized system?

I hate to give up on something like this but is it worth all this brain strain when I can go Carburetor, manifold and ignition system and be done with it?

Attachments

• IMG-2905.jpg
    IMG-2905.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-2893.jpg
    IMG-2893.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-2906.jpg
    IMG-2906.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 17
I've never done it but I think I read some where that you take the covering off the harnesses and keep everything between the engine and the ecm and everything going to the fuel tank. Also the O2 sensors and the fuse box. Then eliminate what you don't want. If you are using the original light switches, wipers.etc. they should be sub harnesses from the fuse box. Ive thought about it but chickened out.

Latest posts

Back