Mini Muscle Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your support, guys. It means a lot.

Here's a story I must tell:

Tuesday the power window in my minivan went down and would not come up. Lots of bad noises. Called the dealer and the soonest I could get in was over a week. Then I thought of my young friend, Titus. Titus deals in early Ford parts and cars. He knows a lot and is quick to lend a hand. Sure enough, he came over at 9:00 yesterday and with the help of You Tube (never thought of that) took it apart in quick order. Luckily O'Reilly had the assembly and Jeff (his real name) put it all back together.

I would still be struggling with it a day later and there would be much blood spilled.

Darn guy would not charge me. So I snuck into his shop when he wasn't home and left some cash.

Today I'm giving thanks for good friends like Jeff.

Tuesday the power window in my minivan went down and would not come up. Lots of bad noises. Called the dealer and the soonest I could get in was over a week. Then I thought of my young friend, Titus. Titus deals in early Ford parts and cars. He knows a lot and is quick to lend a hand. Sure enough, he came over at 9:00 yesterday and with the help of You Tube (never thought of that) took it apart in quick order. Luckily O'Reilly had the assembly and Jeff (his real name) put it all back together.

I would still be struggling with it a day later and there would be much blood spilled.

Darn guy would not charge me. So I snuck into his shop when he wasn't home and left some cash.

That's great, Bob! I always use Youtube when fixing stuff like that on modern cars because it isn't always intuitive. Sometimes you find an easier way yourself, but sometimes they show you the best way.

[cl[cl[cl[cl Good on you bobw.

All the credit to Titus for helping out the old guy.

Finally completed the header to muffler pipes. I was determined to not buy any more pipe. That's why the one side is made up of 14 pieces.

Attachments

• PIPES 001.jpg
    PIPES 001.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 25
Yeah.... lets hear it far Titus! You Tube is awesome. Speaking of Titus my newest grandson expected to make his appearance around Christmas will carry the name Titus.

Glad you got that worked out Bob! I just watched a bunch of things online that helped me to understand the drive line math.

Learning learning learning!

A better shot of the dashboard with the right fasteners. It's simple, like me.

Tacked the upper shock brackets in place. Made and welded tabs for the front brake hoses.

Attachments

• wheels 002.jpg
    wheels 002.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 35
Couper, I use a Garmin GPS set on "speedometer".

Torchie mentioned today that he had to work on the floor and that it is difficult getting up and down. This is my most important tool in the shop. I wheel the stool to wherever I'm working and use it to help getting up and down.

I finished bending the brake lines and added some clips. The rest of the clips will be put on when the engine and trans are out of the way. Now finishing the motor mounts. Have to buy some hockey pucks.

Attachments

• stool 001.jpg
    stool 001.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 27
Cool....Tech Savy Hey :eek:

I used to throw stuff on the floor all the time now I make sure I find a place to put it so I don't have to bend down to pick it up.

I'm gona to start on my brakes soon. Once my cab is in place I'll have to decide what type of master cly to use. I'm thinking on of those under floor board deals.

Lets see some pictures of those nice tubing bends[cl

The floor.......😳
I couldn’t wrestle that full sheet of 18 gauge up onto a table to cut it.
And with my BP issues bending over leads to falling over.
I use a stool, or what ever is handy, to help me get up too. bob.
Torchie

Second attempt at throttle linkage/gas pedal. Not sure I'll use the nos '56 Chevy gas pedal or just weld a spoon type pedal on it. 12 inches of snow kept me busy this morning.

Attachments

• throttle 002.jpg
    throttle 002.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 25
The floor.......😳
I couldn’t wrestle that full sheet of 18 gauge up onto a table to cut it.
And with my BP issues bending over leads to falling over.
I use a stool, or what ever is handy, to help me get up too. bob.
Torchie

Hey slow down and take care of yourself Torchie.

If it helps... I snap 2 vice grips on the sheet of 18ga....the welding c clamp type and tie a rope to them.

Latest posts

Back