the bob peters 48 3100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe 1 , seat none, good job over coming that little hurdle. Seems like a real case of RTFS happening at the fab shop cutting your brackets. :D

well here is some more advice from the galactically stupid. when you have a project, buy another rental.

the guy next door to the house we bought last year (which was across the street from the one we bought the year before) wanted to know if we were interested.

we were. and after 4 short months of rehabbing, its livable and rented. my favorite part was the bathroom linoleum. it had mold which comes up from the bottom and stains it, indicating a long term water infiltration. the tub had a rust hole, so that was probably it, so we pulled it up and the subfloor disintegrated. literally staring at floor trusses and dirt from the crawl space. :mad:

i did another 1000 sq ft of plank flooring, i could probably hack it as an installer now. lights, HVAC, yadda yadda and only if yadda yadda means literally everything. new tub and surround, new faucets throughout. this one was trouble when it walked in. my favorite thing to say was "I will be done today" which always triggered a new explosion of something catastrophically breaking while I was there.

attachment.php

but back on mr peters finally after a long hiatus. really only need some finishing touches.

attachment.php

couldnt let this guy be the yard junker at my buddys salvage. i think I will put something old on it. runs and drives great, wear goggles and grit your teeth!

attachment.php

and the metal shop finally (14 weeks and a day!) cut my running board and bed mounts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

whats new with everyone else?

Attachments

• cuts - 1 (4).jpg
    cuts - 1 (4).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 74
  • cuts - 2 (1).jpg
    cuts - 2 (1).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 77
  • cuts - 1 (3).jpg
    cuts - 1 (3).jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 77
  • cuts - 1 (2).jpg
    cuts - 1 (2).jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 78
  • cuts - 3.jpg
    cuts - 3.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 78
  • cuts - 2.jpg
    cuts - 2.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 74
3/16

I use 1/8 and 12 ga tube on my trucks but given the choice everyone wants 3/16. i think if I offered 1/4 people would buy it

Careful, looks like those Toyotas tip over.:D

most everything does when you are texting on rural roads with ditches.

funny story, my neighbor went with me to pick up the ford cab, on the way back we saw a pathfinder upside down in the ditch. two weeks later i went the same way for a contract job and passed the same pathfinder with a new windshield, musta porta powered out the big wallops and put new glass in, teenage girl driving...

... and texting. :rolleyes:

You gonna buy up the whole neighborhood ?
Your old truck is looking good! And the Toyota would look better with some thing old on it for sure.

[P[P[P

thanks burg and pops.

the running board brackets are intended to be universal. one thing i hate about bracket kits is how reliant they are on having good sheetmetal parts, but these trucks are well nigh 70+ years old. one thing that always happens is the little bracket on the bottom that bolts to the running board mount is rusted off. so to use a specific bracket kit you either have to use good non-rusted parts, or repair it.

with my bracket you can use 1x1.5 and drill holes to fit unrusted boards, the 1x1.5 welds to the bracket and bolts to the board. OR for rusted boards you can weld the 1x1.5 directly to the board and BOLT it to the bracket. easy peasy, takes about 2 hrs to mount boards.

if your boards are in good shape I designed accessory 47-55 chevy pieces that fit my frame side brackets and make it super simple, no 1x1.5 and no guessing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I will have 41-46 chevy and 48-52 ford brackets soon.

Attachments

• 4 (1).jpg
    4 (1).jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 3 (1).jpg
    3 (1).jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 2 (1).jpg
    2 (1).jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 1 (4).jpg
    1 (4).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 81
Very nice JD - where were you when I was fitting my running boards? I had 4 of the 6, and fabbed up a pair but nothing as nice as what you've done here.

thanks all. its fun making these puzzle pieces. originally I didnt want to design a complete running board specific to a truck but almost everyone who has bought a set has wanted them so, :confused:

made a rear bumper mount, works well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I even like it flipped over with the tag mounted in the middle.

attachment.php

the sewer line broke at the new place, working on that instead of the truck.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 2 (2).jpg
    2 (2).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 3 (2).jpg
    3 (2).jpg
    172 KB · Views: 45
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg