Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The front floor pans and toe board are mostly complete. Just some fine tuning remains. Started on the trans tunnel.

Thanks for the compliments fellas, but if you could see up close you'd see the results of diminished ability brought on by advancing age.

Tom, I heard they didn't allow "transformers" fuel altereds at the Hot Rod Reunion. I hope that't true for the March Meet also. I don't mind if they run, just don't mix them in with the traditional fuel altereds.

Last edited:

I wrapped the seat base with 20 ga. sheet metal and put a pan over the driveshaft. In fact, there is no floor under the seat. I'll put sheet metal under the plywood seat bottoms to seal the deal.

Nice tin work Bob, it is coming together. This winter project will be done by spring at the rate your moving.[cl:D

Will see if they stand by their new rules. If they do it should be a great show. Do hope they run after dark so we can see some flames. [cl

No pictures today :confused: Must have been watching the March Meet all

day. [cl A little weather slowed the show. Fuel Altereds, Funny Cars &

Dragsters under the lights, don't get much better than that.:) Weather should

be good for Sunday Finals. Back to work on the Hot Rod Monday.[;)

Here's another take on the theme for you Bob. Your work is looking great.

Attachments

• Garlits Bantam.jpg
    Garlits Bantam.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 35

Tacked in the rest of the trans tunnel and made a gas pedal and throttle linkage. Mounted the Cheetah shifter.

Finished the floor and got it all screwed down. I changed the trans tunnel to gain a n inch and a quarter for my gas pedal foot. Every little bit counts when building small cars.

Looks great [cl

Like you throttle linkage, I've never thought about that style, lots of fighting with cables and mounts, that may change next time, thanks :D

Raised the body about a foot above the frame. It won't go any higher because the roll cage is wider at the top than at the bottom. By raising the body I was able to finish welding the roll cage. Began priming the frame and cage with Rustoleum and a 2" brush.

Last edited:
Cage looks great[;)

Rustoleum & 2" brush, true "old school"[cl:D

May want to go to a 3" brush for the outside finish coat ;)

Latest posts

Back