Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 04-26-2021, 10:39 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Very little forward progress.
Finishing up the last of the follow up Drs appts. as well as cold temps and snow.
I have been eyeballing the S-10 frame and it looks like I will have to remove the spare tire well in the Dodges trunk. The rear cross member/upper shock mounting cross member on the S-10 falls right where the well will be.
I took this into consideration which is why I didn't do the rear most mounts on the body yet.
Nothing else to report.
Thanks for stopping by.......
Torchie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2-4.jpg (66.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (65.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2-1.jpg (69.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-27-2021, 10:48 AM
It ain't grey hair, it's chrome!

We know you'll sort it out, good thing you didn't do the repairs to the trunk already
Hey, what's that white stuff, it's almost May
Old 04-27-2021, 11:06 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Spare tires are overrated anyway"....................unless you have a flat!

Is your 4.3 a throttle body injection, or port ? If itís a throttle body, I think I have a distributor for it. Yours for the shipping if you want it.

https://www.zazzle.com/2022_fat_fend...46680814180838
Old 04-27-2021, 12:43 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzrodder View Post
We know you'll sort it out, good thing you didn't do the repairs to the trunk already
Hey, what's that white stuff, it's almost May
Yeah. Itís been a strange spring here. Starting to finally warm back up a bit today. ZZ
You would almost think I know what Iím doing. 😳
I didnít finish the trunk floor or the very front body mounts for just this reason. ZZ.
That will happen after I do the first test fitting of the body in the frame.
I know from measuring that the rear end is 2-1/2 inches narrower then the Didge rear end as well.
I want to use the original Dodge wheels so with adapters that difference will be cut down to 1/2 an inch.
Torchie
Old 04-27-2021, 12:56 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamamav View Post
Spare tires are overrated anyway"....................unless you have a flat!

Is your 4.3 a throttle body injection, or port ? If itís a throttle body, I think I have a distributor for it. Yours for the shipping if you want it.
Itís a TBI Bama. Send me a message and we can figure things out.
Thank you!!!
Torchie
Old 04-27-2021, 08:00 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Finishing up the last of the leg/brace/stump Drs appts.
Got the new brace for the real leg today as well as finding out what happened to the stump that caused all the trauma. The receptacle was giving the end of my stump hickies.
The official medical term is vacuum blisters. The leg still had suction to hold it on but the stump was not fully seated. Learned something new.
Did some more measuring of both the frames and the spare tire well will have to go for sure.
The S 10 frame is 40" at the rear outside edge to outside edge. The Dodge is 43 at the same location. The well fits on the inside of the frame in it's stock configuration so the S 10 frame rail will hit it as well.
Supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I'll have to figure out some inside the shop work.
Torchie
Old 04-27-2021, 08:27 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchie View Post
Finishing up the last of the leg/brace/stump Drs appts.
Got the new brace for the real leg today as well as finding out what happened to the stump that caused all the trauma. The receptacle was giving the end of my stump hickies.
The official medical term is vacuum blisters. The leg still had suction to hold it on but the stump was not fully seated. Learned something new.
Did some more measuring of both the frames and the spare tire well will have to go for sure.
The S 10 frame is 40" at the rear outside edge to outside edge. The Dodge is 43 at the same location. The well fits on the inside of the frame in it's stock configuration so the S 10 frame rail will hit it as well.
Supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I'll have to figure out some inside the shop work.
Torchie
That spare tire/shock crossmember is one I haven't seen before on an S10. They used a few different styles. I have two S10's and they're both different from that. If it was just the crossmember, I would suggest to modify it. However since the rails sound like they're too narrow, I guess you have to do some cutting.

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:35 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchie View Post
Itís a TBI Bama. Send me a message and we can figure things out.
Thank you!!!
Torchie
Iíll send you a pm in a day or two and try to attach a pic. If I canít attach it there, Iíll post it here on this thread. Iíve got to dig it out, itís in storage, but I know where itís at.

https://www.zazzle.com/2022_fat_fend...46680814180838
Old 04-27-2021, 11:15 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05snopro440 View Post
That spare tire/shock crossmember is one I haven't seen before on an S10. They used a few different styles. I have two S10's and they're both different from that. If it was just the crossmember, I would suggest to modify it. However since the rails sound like they're too narrow, I guess you have to do some cutting.
My experience with S 10's is minimal, snopro.
I had a chassis and a cab with a V 8 in it about 12 years ago. I was going to build a rat rod with it.
I had the same thought as you about modding the cross member. But the more I looked at things the less I wanted to do that. It is also the mounting point for the spare tire lift. Not that I will be using that.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamamav View Post
Iíll send you a pm in a day or two and try to attach a pic. If I canít attach it there, Iíll post it here on this thread. Iíve got to dig it out, itís in storage, but I know where itís at.
No worries and no hurries Bama.
And thanks again.
Torchie
Old 04-28-2021, 06:17 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

It's a pretty large truck. Just throw in a skinny spare and be on the road.