Another Build ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question

Started to imagineer the windshield, with the seat in I find my view is inches over the windshield. Did some research and found out NM does not require a windshield :eek. Question is if registered in NM can I go interstate with being hassled [S
If I chop it, it need’s working wipers :(

Attachments

• B8EB1597-67E2-4F81-A674-DAAEABB481E7.jpg
    B8EB1597-67E2-4F81-A674-DAAEABB481E7.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 15
I just pictured you with an old aviator cap, goggles, and a wrap around neck scarf flying straight back while driving that thing. [cl:D

In most areas the police are too busy with other law enforcement issues to bother with you. Especially if you are driving responsibly.

Started to imagineer the windshield, with the seat in I find my view is inches over the windshield. Did some research and found out NM does not require a windshield :eek. Question is if registered in NM can I go interstate with being hassled [S
If I chop it, it need’s working wipers :(

I've looked into it before. Regardless of the states or Canada, my understanding is that the vehicle equipment rules of the jurisdiction you're driving in apply. So if you're in a state that requires a windshield and fenders for example, it doesn't matter where your car is registered, you may get pulled over and ticketed if the cop so desires.

Like Bob said the cops may be too busy to bother, but it is a possibility to get stopped in other states for equipment violations whether or not it's legal where the car is registered.

I've looked into it before. Regardless of the states or Canada, my understanding is that the vehicle equipment rules of the jurisdiction you're driving in apply. So if you're in a state that requires a windshield and fenders for example, it doesn't matter where your car is registered, you may get pulled over and ticketed if the cop so desires.

Like Bob said the cops may be too busy to bother, but it is a possibility to get stopped in other states for equipment violations whether or not it's legal where the car is registered.

I understand it the same way.

Some guys went from down here up to a eastern northern state, CT I think it was, to a big rod show. A couple of them had fenderless roadsters, and got fix it tickets because that state had a fender law that said all vehicles had to have some kind of fender. Not sure if that is still true now, they may have changed it by now, this was a few years back.

If that is a flat glass, you should be able to get one cut easily, but if it's a curved glass, you're on your on....

Either curved or flat try cutting it your self.
I suspect you should be able to get a good glass from a yard if you have one.
Just remember to cut straight lines .
I have cut it using a cheap harbor Frieght cut off tool and a better stainless steel cut off disc.
Wear proper protection. Mark both sides. Only cut through one side at a time. Flip it carefully and cut through the other. Heat up the safety plastic with a razor.
Dress up the edges with a DA or even a belt sander. Go slow.
Good luck.
[P[P
Torchie
P.s. Ive heard some say to cut the outer surface first.

Thanks guys[cl
I may have to make a detachable windshield :p
Ya I’ve played with glass a pit:roll-eyes: the sprint took 4, before that a 56 F-100 6” chop, 6 to get that one :eek: The Willy’s flat glass, a a place of cake[S
Wish me luck:D

Wow it’s been 6 weeks:eek:
Trying to make the windshield not look like I just cut the roof off[S

The mrs slipped on a wet floor and cracked her tibeia at the knee :eek: small no surgery be no walking foe 12 weeks, she’s not happy and I’m the care taker :confused:

Attachments

• 4F2FFED5-999C-4FD9-B541-165DDB176254.jpg
    4F2FFED5-999C-4FD9-B541-165DDB176254.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back