Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking really good Torchie, your a better man than me I can't stand body work.

Thanks all.:)
I suspect that everyone has some part of their build that is not their favorite, Dozer.
To me it's a step back in time to my youth when I had dreams of doing it for a living. Plus I needed that visual kick in the butt to push me to get me to finish the PS rear fender.
I'm getting tired of all the welding.[;) [;) [;) [;) [;) [;) [;)
Tomorrow may be a off day as well. Winter is blowing back in and temps are dropping.
Torchie

No shop time today.
I spent part of the day educating myself on the newer products used to paint cars today.
My knowledge base is from 40 Plus years ago. Lots of things that very few people use anymore.
As before, it would seem, that everyone has their own way of doing the "Perfect" paint job. So I'm distilling all that down into a process that will hopefully work for me.
One thing that hasn't changed. It's still 80 percent prep and a lot of time and money.:eek:
Torchie

The last several nights I've been watching new Bad Chad presentations on You Tube as he does the bodywork and paint prep on the faux Bugatti he is building for his girl friend, Jolene. Chad is very thrifty. His techniques are somewhat different but he gets good results. I'm still using lacquer primer and paint cuz I too am thrifty and the material is forgiving. Also, it doesn't kill you if you breathe it.

The last several nights I've been watching new Bad Chad presentations on You Tube as he does the bodywork and paint prep on the faux Bugatti he is building for his girl friend, Jolene. Chad is very thrifty. His techniques are somewhat different but he gets good results. I'm still using lacquer primer and paint cuz I too am thrifty and the material is forgiving. Also, it doesn't kill you if you breathe it.

bob.
I’ve watched his past few posts as well as a few others. Some of his techniques I like . But I go a separate way then him on his using a DA for almost everything. I understand his point about speed but sometimes things just take time.
At this point what I have come up with is a combination of my older skills and the use of some of the newer types of materials.
I think that in this one I’m going to be skim coating the entire car( which is a first for me) but doing a lot more block sanding the Chad does.
I’m also going to be using the 2 part primer vs my old stand by lacquer based stuff.
Of course I have to get to that point first.😜
Torchie

No real progress on the Dodge to report.:mad:
I did get a 49 Plymouth front bumper. Should be here next week sometime.
Seems like I'm going in for a million mile rebuild.:eek:
New leg. New braces for both legs.
Pacemaker mods as well as a new blood less glucose monitor system.
Med changes including going to a once a day only insulin injection.
I've been busy for the past2 days just reading up on all the new stuff and how to use it.[dddHope to be back in the shop tomorrow.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Hey Torchie, just concentrate on the bodywork on your body. We can wait for the garage work.

BTW, I'm sticking with my lacquer primer. At least if you breathe it it won't kill you,

Seems like I'm going in for a million mile rebuild.:eek:
New leg. New braces for both legs.
Pacemaker mods as well as a new blood less glucose monitor system.
Med changes including going to a once a day only insulin injection.
I've been busy for the past2 days just reading up on all the new stuff and how to use it.[dddHope to be back in the shop tomorrow.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Seems like they did a TV show describing that.....

Six Million Dollar man!

Don't know if that's what it cost or just how good he felt when it was over!
Here's hoping you feel like Six Million Dollars when all is said and done, and that your insurance covers it all! [cl[cl[cl

Progress will come alone as you progress with the new equipment :)
Keep at it at your pace. [cl
:::[P:::
No worries there, soltz. Thanks

Hey Torchie, just concentrate on the bodywork on your body. We can wait for the garage work.

BTW, I'm sticking with my lacquer primer. At least if you breathe it it won't kill you,
Thanks bob.
I've still got a new gallon lacquer primer in my paint cabinet as well. I'm thinking about using Evercoat G2 Feather fill on this one though. It's been around since the at least the 80's so not exactly new technology. We will see. Have to get to that point first.:p

Seems like they did a TV show describing that.....

Six Million Dollar man!

Don't know if that's what it cost or just how good he felt when it was over!
Here's hoping you feel like Six Million Dollars when all is said and done, and that your insurance covers it all! [cl[cl[cl
Thanks Bama. In my world if my insurance doesn't cover it. It doesn't happen. Been at this a long time now and have gone to the mat more then once with insurance companies. Even to the point of litigation.(Acting as my own attorney as I couldn't afford one). Sad when it comes to that as most people don't have the time to document and deal with all that BS so they just pay the bill. Which is what the Ins. companies rely on.
I learned a long time ago to NEVER pay the first or second bill from any Hospital or DR. Most times they bill you before or at the same time they may or may not be billing your insurance Company.
Torchie

Thanks all.:)
Shop time.
PS rear fender.
When I tacked this side in place. The rear lined up great. The front. Not so much.:eek:
Measured it 14 different way. Compared it to the DS. The best I can come up with is the patch panel I made.
I used the same buck I used for the DS so who knows. Is it me?:eek: Is it Dodge?:p Time to move forward.[;) [;) [;)
Made up pieces to fill the gap.
Much welding and even more grinding to do.
That's it for today.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg