1948 Thriftmaster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great [cl A real fine job you've done on this one [dr
Been there, done that on the PS hose mixup, very alarming, almost had my fingers broken on the steering wheel as it slammed back and forth :eek::eek:

Thanks ZZ, that's pretty much exactly what happened to me....spun so violently that it could have done something like that! I feel a little better after making such a stupid mistake now that I've heard a professional like you slips up on occasion as well. :)

We made it out for our maiden voyage finally today. I had gotten so frustrated with the brakes that I had to walk away for it for a bit. That and outside work just kept coming along, so I had to tend to that stuff first. We took it over to the neighbor's place, then down the river a couple of miles to the local gas station. All went well, but I'm still not happy with the feel of the brake pedal, and Torchie was right again - that damn visor wants to take off in the wind. I think I'll be reworking the center mount to include some fasteners - it's only a support right now.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_9146.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9146.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 34
  • thumbnail_IMG_9147.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9147.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 36
  • thumbnail_IMG_9148.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9148.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 38
Thanks gang, your comments are most welcome! My rack is leaking pretty good since my hose mistake, so I'm waiting on parts again. While waiting, I decided to give the "Sweet Patina" a try. The satin clear I had put on the Graham did go a bit foggy, so I had made up my mind just to leave the truck "as is". A buddy said this "Sweet Patina" was the way to go so I figured I'd try it.....and I love it! It brought out the green, and turned the rust a much darker shade of brown. Before and after.

Attachments

• 20210530_110233.jpg
    20210530_110233.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210530_125630.jpg
    20210530_125630.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 27
Thanks guys, and sorry I guess I should have explained what Sweet Patina is. I was afraid it was just going to be repackaged boiled linseed oil, but it seems to be much more than that. It smells like cream soda. I first tried to buy it direct from the company, (in the states) but they won't ship chemicals across the border. Then I found that LSFab out of Alberta is a distributor. I only used about 1/3 of the can (1 litre) to coat my truck.

From what I understand regarding the length of time it lasts, it's all very dependent on how much time it's in the sun, and I'd assume how often I wash it. I'm thinking I'll have to reapply maybe in a few months as my truck sits mostly inside.

Latest posts

Back