Bamamav's 1947 Lincoln Club Coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love long weekends! Had yesterday free to do what I wanted instead of having to cut grass and everything else. Set out yesterday morning with a goal in mind----get the motor in the car! First was the rear seal, slicked it up and it went into place straight with finger pressure-- that's what I'm talking about! Took my wood board with the hole cut in it and tapped it into place with the hammer, easy peasy! Then, I cut the heads off a couple of bolts to use as guide pins, lined the motor and trans up, slid together like there was a magnet pulling them together. This is how stuff is supposed to work, LOL! After installing a few items on the unit, trans cooler fittings, dipstick, oil pressure fittings, etc, it was time for the big show. Slowly, carefully, jack the cherry picker up until I had it high enough to clear the body, then slowly walked it forward with the help of a tire bar. Everything went smoothly, dropped it in on the mounts and assembled them. Got one side loosely fastened, then wiggled it around and fastened the other side. Woo Hoo! Felt good to see it sitting in there again. Started hooking up things on the bottom side, starter, one side of the exhaust. Took a break for lunch, which was the wrong thing to do...After I ate, I just didn't feel like crawling around on the floor anymore, so I just did a few top things. With my energy level dropping, I polished up my new valve covers to install, then couldn't find the new gaskets I had bought. Had to sit them on anyway, as well as the new air cleaner. A little preview pic of what's coming. Probably won't get back on it until next weekend, but the end is in sight now.

Attachments

• DSCF1427.jpg
    DSCF1427.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1428.jpg
    DSCF1428.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1429.jpg
    DSCF1429.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1430.jpg
    DSCF1430.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 24
No pics today, but managed to get in a couple of hours on it today. Got my new sending units in from Speedway installed. Now I will have all my dash gauges working, and the under dash gauges will go under the hood on the firewall or fender well in a as yet to be built box. That way when working under the hood I can keep tabs on temp and oil pressure, as well as be a cool custom touch not seen often today.

Also welded up and mounted my throttle cable/ TV cable bracket, and installed the power steering hoses. I had a bit of a headache so I didn't feel like doing the under car stuff, so I stayed up top, it's all got to be done anyway.

Wife wants to go flea market shopping tomorrow, so if we get a babysitter I guess we'll go, so probably won't get another chance to work on it this weekend.

Hard to believe 5 years. Starting to get scary how fast the time is passing.

Sure is Eman. I look at the tape measure and see how much shorter is to come versus what is behind, and it's sobering to say the least. That's why I'm going into semi retirement at the end of the month, I want to enjoy what's left, how long that turns out to be....

Been a little work going on since I now have another off day each week. Got a lot of the top end put together, still have a bit to do. This week, I started on the part I've been dreading the most, the bottom side. With the health issues I've had, vertigo, Arthur, etc., laying on the floor hasn't been possible. I managed to get the new, improved trans mount cut, fitted, and welded up. Just got to install it now. Still have to flush the cooler, install the driveshaft, and shift linkage, maybe next time. Nothing pic worthy, took me 4 hours just to get the trans mount figured out and welded. Not a whole lot of space to work with.

Truck is in the shop, so more off time to take advantage of.

Transmission mount installed--check
Transmission cooler flushed and hooked back up--check
Driveshaft installed--check
Shift linkage installed--check
Exhaust hooked back up--check
Coil and distributor wired up-check

All done today!

I think I'm finished underneath, going after radiator, plumbing and final wiring next time. Getting closer to firing it off again!

Latest posts

Back