1945 GMC Prohibition Express

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I may be crippled but I aint dead!! She is ready to run. now just need to work on making her roll.lol

Attachments

• IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1722.JPG
    IMG_1722.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 93
Nice zoomies! Those always keep the neighbors happy! Looks like it should be rolling...... I see some sort of dolly under it!!!

Thanks I am happy with the way they came out since I have about 120 in them. I can't decide up or down. I was completely against up but I put them on and kinda like it.

Hopefully I will get it started this evening I'm sure the neighbors will love it. I have one neighbor 2 doors down with a built El Camino, he came over the other night and was like thank god someone else to take the heat for awhile lol

Your right it does roll with some effort but once I get on the street it gets really hard to get it going the direction I want it to. :D

Thanks I am happy with the way they came out since I have about 120 in them. I can't decide up or down. I was completely against up but I put them on and kinda like it.

Everybody runs them down, going up and being a little different is always good. Plus the backward angle with the the slight up is cool.

Got the bed off and interior mostly torn apart. Tomorrow I hope to get get the cab off and rear end out and start setting up the 4 link.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

I really dont understand why people just hack stuff to pieces now I have to fix it, so now to find a new dash[S

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Well I met a chassis guy that builds monster trucks and he is coming by tomorrow to give me a price on redoing the front section of the frame and welding in my 4 link[cl

I have managed to get the cab off (which was a pain in the but)[S but making progress slowly

this is how the garage looks this afternoon :D

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Yes, very nice air cleaner. Did you build it or buy it?
Ya probably got a good deal on the truck because it was a bit hacked up. Nothing you can't fix and make it the way you like it.

Still Plugging away on it currently waiting on funds to go to the chassis shop

photo5.jpg

I dont know how many on here have tried to get a spring perch bolt out that was rusted solid but HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! I do not ever want to do that again.

photo7.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo14.jpg

photo18.jpg

I dont have a torch but this little canned torch is acctually pretty good and worked real well for me

photo15.jpg

I also worked on my head light houseings sand blasted them down and flat blacked them. The marker light plug was all mangled so I drilled out the socket and put in a flush mount amber LED. I like the way it turned out!:D

Drilled the hole to the right size!
photo13.jpg

then fitted the LED
photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Now I just have to find the outer rings for the headlights

So I drug the frame out and pressure washed it down cleaned up pretty nice:D

Then I figured out the hard way the caster wheels wont roll back in the garage over the lip[S That was fun :rolleyes:

IMG_0007-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back