This is what I've been up to this month

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Been tied up with this thing this month, Building in a box from Lowes. Poured a concrete slab with my Harbor Freight mixer, never missed a beat. Due to having more slope than I thought, ended up using more concrete than I had figured, even after backfilling with rocks, broken concrete and scrap metal piled in. Took over a week working on it 4-5 hours a day to get the building assembled, just too hot to work on it after about 11AM. Oodles of tiny 1/2" long sheet metal screws and 1/2" long 10-32 bolts and nuts. Glad I had a cordless drill to drive in all those screws! Was still cheaper than a pre fabbed building, but man, it's thin metal, so don't know how it will stand up to wind. I still have to stud the inside with some 2"x4" pine so I can put in some shelfing and some hanging racks for yard tools, as well as some solar lighting for those few times you need light in there. My little helper [or hinderer, LOL], is checking it out. His favorite tool is a hammer and my cordless drill, had to watch him or he would be trying to drive screws like nails and drilling holes in the dirt.

Don't think I want to put another one together, MUCH more work than I thought it would be. Now maybe I can get back to the Lincoln, that is if I can get the Freightliner out of the shop again and go back to work a few days. Have only gotten 2 days in this month, so I need to make a little money for some tires and a drive shaft..

Attachments

• new shed.jpg
    new shed.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 37
Eman, if I need another one, it will be stick built. I thought prefab would save me time, but I was wrong. I could have stick built one in a couple of weeks. But with lumber prices, it would have cost twice as much if not more!

I was at one time considering doing what you did, thanks for the heads up on NOT attempting this myself.

I have looked into the plastic ones they have, my thoughts on this started when a laurel oak limb broke and partially crushed the little shed I have. What I did instead was get my trusty floor jack and a couple treated 2x4's and repaired it, still usable even though it slipped off the wood floor it was mounted on.

In fact...it use to leak before limb, now it doesn't leak after repair....and its covered in vines. I keep old Chev parts in there.

For sure it's a two man job. I've got a guy I've been hiring to help me around here, without his help it would have taken much longer. The next couple of days will be a good test of how strong it is with this storm coming in. It's supposed to track just west of me, so we are going to be on the wet and windy east side, but it's supposed to only be a tropical depression by the time it gets this far north . Still supposed to get 4-6 inches of rain.

Latest posts

Back