just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the looks of this ol' bird. Anyone want to guess what it is?

curtisscondor.jpg

My first plane was a taildragger. They ar e AWESOME. A real test. of airmanship. C-65 1946 cub. small but I was on top of the world. The most simple plane. When you went to stall it it had no warning. Just the lower half of the door would rise up. That was your stall warning horn, so to speak. two or three kts later you would stall. I can't tell you how coolit is to fly , well , anything. But, especially an old plane. ANY OF YOU guys, EVER, get out here, call me. I'll be HAPPY to take you up... sorry I know this isa car forum. But I just get so excited. can't wait till I give this beast that I'm building to my wife for her 50 BD..

My first plane was a taildragger. They ar e AWESOME. A real test. of airmanship. C-65 1946 cub. small but I was on top of the world. The most simple plane. When you went to stall it it had no warning. Just the lower half of the door would rise up. That was your stall warning horn, so to speak. two or three kts later you would stall. I can't tell you how coolit is to fly , well , anything. But, especially an old plane. ANY OF YOU guys, EVER, get out here, call me. I'll be HAPPY to take you up... sorry I know this isa car forum. But I just get so excited. can't wait till I give this beast that I'm building to my wife for her 50 BD..

Yes, I hear you. My first and only plane I owned, I built, and it was a taildragger. Just something nostalgic about them. They are a plane you fly and operate, not just ride in and steer.

I'm not a pilot, but a buddy of mine is. Every tuesday night is airplane night at his shop. He even had a sign made for the building that says "Tuesday Night Airplane Factory". He has 2 flying Aeroncas, a Champ and a Sedan, and has 2 more Champs we're trying to get flying again. He and another of the regulars own a Murphy Super Rebel that we finished building a while back. Still wading through the FAA paperwork. Another of the regulars is redoing a Cub at his shop and has a flying Champ. There is also a Aeronca Chief and a Cessna 172 being reworked there. All friends helping friends, nothing for hire.

I worked on getting my pilots license when I was in college. But I ran out of money before I finished it all up. I logged about 70 hours.
I grew up around airplanes and aerial spraying. Stearmans, Ag-cats, Pawnees, Super Cubs, Ag Trucks, Ag Wagons, Turbo Thrushs, and a few others. I was flying 150s, and 172s. Love those Ag-Cats.
But I have to say one of the best rides I ever had was a Colorado Division of Wildlife plane, It was a Cessna turbo prop 180. And taking off from 5000 feet we went straight up. Very impressive plane. The pilot had a Pitts Special of his own that he did airshow in, and he could really fly.
SCAN0140.jpg

AgPlane.jpg

cessna180onbushwheels.jpg

Pic098.jpg

TheSupercub.jpg

Latest posts

Back