Mini Muscle Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!

A Craigslist find I couldn't turn down. Renault Dauphine. A rediculous little French car. This one will have either a 283 or 400 Chevy in front.

Body is in quite good shape as the car only saw 57,000 miles. Comes complete with title and plates.

Always loved those little cars! [cl[cl When I was a kid a neighbor had one, the only one I ever saw until a few years ago. A 283 and a Powerglide would be sweet in one of those. :cool:

[P[P[P

Hopped a lot of bars in paris in one of those. you can fit about seven people in it if their friends. [cl

Going to chop it, wheels in the body or out [S

Great find [cl

BobW you are my hero! Adding yet another obscure project to the long list of ones you already have going![cl

Idea: I think it needs foot wide IMSA style flares, a pedestal wing and an LS 6spd drive train for the win! [P

Here ya go. Hehehe
image.jpg

My Pa in law had a later version, I think it was a Renault 10, he drove to work for years. 4 cyl water cooled in the rear, 4 speed, it was a ball to drive for what it was. I remember the turn signal switch being on the right side of the column instead of the left, those weird Frenchys!

Make a two door outta it, with a big motor! [cl:eek:

Thinking along these lines. Low but everything tucked in. A sleeper if possible. Would love to use an aluminum LS engine but I have too many Gen 1 sbc's laying around. Considering a full roll cage if it isn't too intrusive, takes up too much room.
My brother is giving me a complete Heigt's Mustang II type front end. I'll narrow it. Will need a narrowed rear end.
This fall I'll begin the assembly and finishing of the Rover project. And will start on either a T bucket style roadster using Hupmobile parts with either an old flathead Ford 6 or the slant six I took out of my HAMB-style dragster or on the Renault. Either one will be a fun project.

Yet another crazy kool project busting forth from the ever active imagination of Bob W. [cl[cl I don't know if there is a Mrs. Bob but if so she has definitely let you off the leash. :D
My hat is off to you, looking forward to another inspiring build.[P

Latest posts

Back