How's your weather????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live around Scandihoovians. Nothing is hot, not even Mexican food.

We almost hit 30 for a high today. Shirtsleeve weather. Wed. 5 for a high. Up and down.

Hoho! I had to google Scandihoovians! I thought you were enlightening me on a type of hot pepper I had not heard of. :D

Typical Tejas weather this week, freezing one day, 70's the next, 80's today & back to freezing next couple daze! :eek:

BoB

Sunday evening, nice sunset, not a stitch of snow. By Monday evening I think we had nearly 16"! I had sold my tractor mounted snowblower a few years ago as we rarely get enough snow that warranted it - and it's much quicker just to use my blade....I miss my blower! 1/4+ mile of laneway to clear so it took me quite a while.

Attachments

• 20220116_171018.jpg
    20220116_171018.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220117_165605.jpg
    20220117_165605.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220117_100143.jpg
    20220117_100143.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 10
33 here in Florida as of my typing. One degree lower and my pump will freeze. So I allow a little dripping to keep it moving.

I am on well water, although potable, I only use it for washing, showers etc. and of course the john. I can cook pasta with it, just boil it for a few more minutes. I buy bottled and ice.

My Rheem has been running non stop, I keep it at 73, and every 20 minutes it goes into defrost mode.

33 here in Florida as of my typing. One degree lower and my pump will freeze. So I allow a little dripping to keep it moving.

I am on well water, although potable, I only use it for washing, showers etc. and of course the john. I can cook pasta with it, just boil it for a few more minutes. I buy bottled and ice.

My Rheem has been running non stop, I keep it at 73, and every 20 minutes it goes into defrost mode.

We really notice how infrequently our furnaces run when the temperature gets above freezing. From my experience though, southern US homes and Canadian homes are constructed much differently in terms of insulation and considerations for cold weather.

Is your well pump above ground? My parents is, but it is in a pump house that it insulated and the pump area is heated with a space heater and heat lamp. Ours is about 220' below ground in the well, so no freezing concern hers.

Crazy weather here this winter, one day it's 35 below c the next its 7 above, snowing and raining this morning at 0

We're getting similar here.

We really notice how infrequently our furnaces run when the temperature gets above freezing. From my experience though, southern US homes and Canadian homes are constructed much differently in terms of insulation and considerations for cold weather.

Is your well pump above ground? My parents is, but it is in a pump house that it insulated and the pump area is heated with a space heater and heat lamp. Ours is about 220' below ground in the well, so no freezing concern hers

Yes pump and tank above ground not a submerged, not enclosed although I have been wanting the pumphouse or some shelter for it. The house is a 107 year old frame vernacular with crawlspace. The house only has an insulated attic with mostly tongue and groove wood walls which surprisingly holds the temp well. Better suited for the summer than these temps, tho. Floor is freezing!

Zero f this morning, going down to -17 f Wed night. A little zippy walking the dogs this morning..

It was Hockey Day In Minnesota last Saturday. Lots of outdoor high school games and a college game. Pond hockey tournament too. 10 f for the high and snow. It was beautiful.

I've played hockey in -10 f but no more.

Next weekend there is drag racing on a lake near me. Cars, not snowmobiles.

I still say I was meant to be born to southern parents.

This is our weather for the week. Pretty warm for us.

Bob, there was supposed to be ice racing on a local lake to me this past weekend, they changed it to a different local lake for unknown reasons and had to cancel Sunday because of too much water on the ice. It was +6°C (43°F) yesterday! This type of ice racing is road course racing, they use chevettes and little sports cars like miata's and put studded tires on them and go for broke. There is actually a Chevette class.

attachment.php

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 42
We are stuck in a warm weather pattern. Lost lots of snow in the mountains around us!!!

Ice racing is pretty much no more in the Okanagan of BC because winters have just been too warm, or only cold enough to make good ice for a short time. Also the enviro cops take a dim view of cars running around on the lakes with the potential to leave oil and other nasty fluids on the ice. :( Where are they finding the Chevettes? Haven't seen one in years - rwd small cars are an endangered species...

Ice racing is pretty much no more in the Okanagan of BC because winters have just been too warm, or only cold enough to make good ice for a short time. Also the enviro cops take a dim view of cars running around on the lakes with the potential to leave oil and other nasty fluids on the ice. :( Where are they finding the Chevettes? Haven't seen one in years - rwd small cars are an endangered species...

I haven't really seen many at all on the road in my lifetime, I have no idea how they find enough for an entire race series.

In CT we have been getting minor snow of 1 to 2 inches. Did have a 7 incher. This weekend depending on track I have seen 3 to 20 inches. 40F today single digits tomorrow. Jim

It's winter. It sucks. Roller coaster temps. Got called in at 3AM to plow. Supposed to get a storm this weekend. Amounts are all over the place depends on the track. Cant wait for spring.

Latest posts

Back