Mini Muscle Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Renault is kinda taking a back seat to the Bantam project. I did however recently buy parts to finish the steering and front suspension. I'm intending to "play" this summer instead of pouring the coals to the builds.

Gonna do a little drag racing and more rod runs than in the past. So the build activity will slow down a bit til fall, which is only 5 months away.:eek:

The Renault is kinda taking a back seat to the Bantam project. I did however recently buy parts to finish the steering and front suspension. I'm intending to "play" this summer instead of pouring the coals to the builds.

Gonna do a little drag racing and more rod runs than in the past. So the build activity will slow down a bit til fall, which is only 5 months away.:eek:

You watch your language, Bob! [ddd[cl[cl

So Bob what's with this weather thing back there?:confused:

It's 75 out here on the left coast, it was 75 yesterday, 75 today, and they are calling for 75 tomorrow. very boring, but great racing weather.[cl

Grandkids from MI are in FL for spring brake:)

Rub it in Tom, rub it in. We can't get two decent days in a row. Good for building but not good for cruising in a hot rod, or racing.

I picked up the narrowed 8 3/4 Mopar rear end housing for the Bantam today. Made up long battery cables for both cars yesterday.

Sorry Bob, just had to mess with you a little. I ran a 8 3/4 Mopar in my N/E-1 dragster for 10 years, had good luck with it and easy to make gear changes. Try to run a pro gear setup in the R&P if you can find one, much stronger for the drag strip.

Picked up this fan/shroud at a swap meet and installed it today. Also mounted an in-line electric fuel pump. Got the correct u-joint for the steering shaft and was able to position the steering wheel and cut the shaft to length. The driving position is quite comfortable in spite of it being a little car with the engine set back pretty far. Also got the radiator hoses for it.

Worked a little today on the office. Put the shifter on a piece of rectangular tubing and added some aluminum "wings" to mount all the switches. It puts the "command center" within reach since the seat is so far back. Also threw in a cheap Summit gauge panel.

With as roomy as your "office" looks, you'll be needing to hire a sexitary...all kidding aside, it looks great![cl

Since I'm relegated to "finger work" til I heal I cut up a bunch of jute insulation and glued it in place on the tranny tunnel. It will be covered with aluminum. Got the insulation cut for the firewall too.
Got a little welding on the roll cage to do and then the removable parts will come off so the chassis can be painted.

I finished all the welding on the frame and roll cage today. Began cleaning and priming the frame. Found an interference between the rear disc brakes and the coil over location. Will have to relocate the coil overs a bit.

I want to see it run - want to see it run [dr
This year maybe [S

Great work bob w, and thanks for the "soltzie", haven't been called that for a few decades,

Well, the medical procedures are over for the moment and I'm almost fully functional. Spent some days getting the Tub ready for sale. It left yesterday.

Tried to start my Anglia and found the motor is locked up. I'm not emotionally ready to tear into it so I'm gonna push it in the back garage for a while.

Since it's 90 degrees and 90% humidity today it seemed like a good day to assemble the Mustang II front suspension in the Renault. I threw some narrow aluminum Ford spare rims on it to see how much room I'll have for tire/rim selection. In the pic the rear of the car is sitting a mile high and the front should come down a couple inches when all the weight in in the little fella.

Latest posts

Back