anyone with ink

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amen brother.....

I like seeing them but would probably never get one, I HATE pain.

Pain is a .......Pain....:( they couldn't get me drunk enough in the service to get one....now i'm too old....heck they'd be wrinkled before they even started....LOL how does that work?? A leapord would begin to look like a Pug dog....with spots...I've got other images in my mind but I'll just stop there...

Being an artist myself. A large majority of people will have nothing to do with tattoo's, and I dont have a problem with that at all. Its the people that judge me for the ink in my skin that bother me. I think thats a big reason I have a sleave and tattoos where everyone can see them. If you judge me for the ink in my skin and use that as a reason to discriminate me than I really dont want to talk to you anyways LOL. Its like wearing a big flag that says bug off if you dont like me. I love tattoo's for the art, and I am hoplessly addicted to them as well. Its not really the pain itself its the addrenaline rush of endorphins you have when of getting one, just like any other addiction....;)

I got nuthin against tats, or no tats. For me, it is just not my thing. I like to be able to change the art I wear, so I do t-shirts.
Carry on!

Bonehead, you are actually one that i would figure had ink.

While getting a tat, its not painful, at least not to me. I have had one yet that hurts during the process. Its the next day that hurts. Feels like a really really bad sun burn, but its the aftermath that i like.

Ok.....Arkansawer

"Feels like a really really bad sun burn, but its the aftermath that i like."

Just exactly what is the "aftermath".???? Do da women flock to you like sea gulls on a McDonalds bag???

You have the right idea....

Being an artist myself. A large majority of people will have nothing to do with tattoo's, and I dont have a problem with that at all. Its the people that judge me for the ink in my skin that bother me. I think thats a big reason I have a sleave and tattoos where everyone can see them. If you judge me for the ink in my skin and use that as a reason to discriminate me than I really dont want to talk to you anyways LOL. Its like wearing a big flag that says bug off if you dont like me. I love tattoo's for the art, and I am hoplessly addicted to them as well. Its not really the pain itself its the addrenaline rush of endorphins you have when of getting one, just like any other addiction....;)

People assume way too much....tat's , clothes , and or skin color hardly ever tell you what type of person you are dealing with....
When into a bar recently to break up a fight....had my hands full with the two drunken idiots... and no back up yet.... two monster (I'm 6'2 so they were 6'4 or better) tatted up bikers assisted me in hauling the two outside..."thought you might need some help Sarge"...was their only words....I just said "thanks"....:D

"Feels like a really really bad sun burn, but its the aftermath that i like."

Just exactly what is the "aftermath".???? Do da women flock to you like sea gulls on a McDonalds bag???

Aftermath is the art work thats done. And no, i dont think the wife would like it if women flocked to me. :D I didnt get my first tat until i was 28, and after my son was born. And my second one was for my son as well.

My third one, well its the Arkansas outline, with the American flag and the Thin Blue Line filling in the outline. [P

A good friend of mine got into an arguement about tattoos with a far right wing fellow at a bar one night. The fellow saw the ink on my wrist and mentioned to me that it was blasphemy and a Sin against God and referred to me as "you people" and used words like "have no respect for" blah blah blah. I could really care less. I'm 6' 230lbs of "I'll bring the pain if provoked" so I'm not sure why he was picking on me. My buddy on the other hand is 6'5" 230lbs of twisted steel and "I'll bring even more pain than him". He pointed at my buddy who is a really clean cut guy and no visable ink and said you need to be more like your friend. At that time my buddy said "He is...I've got a tattoo as well!" The guy was totally distruat and started preaching to us...at which time my buddy stands up and lifts his shirt and turns to the side and lifts his arm. There on his torso was his Name and SS# tattooed. He told the guy "I'm a Marine and it's so they can tell who I am in case my body gets blown to pieces...Now Shut The **** Up!!"

The guy appolgized and left.

-Troy

Mine

Not rod related but its from me, my experiences. I drew the original piece. Its loaded with symbolism, I have been told I'm very symbol minded.....

Attachments

• Bright.JPG
    Bright.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 35
I don't understand why some people can't just mind their own business!!! [S

Yeah...the guy was a real tool. I think he got the point though! I don't mind a good preaching to...sometimes I really need it...but not in a bar and not about tattoos. If he or anyones else feels that strongly about ink then I suggest they take that energy and spend it some place else that can do some good...say World Peace, Feed the Hungry, Human Rights...the list goes on....

-Troy

No offense to people with tattoos..........

Back in the '70's, I was driving down Van Nuys Blvd with my girlfriend. As we pasted a tattoo parlor, she said stop the car. I asked why, she pointed to the tattoo parlor and said, "I want to look at tattoos". I said, "While you're in there, look for a new boyfriend too!". She asked why and I explained that I won't go out with a girl that has a tattoo. I asked her how would she like it if I shaved my head, at least it will grow back, but a tattoo is forever.

32 years later, we re-connected and I asked her if she ever got that tattoo. She said she never got one and she's really glad she didn't. Can't say the same for me though, I am now BALD.................

No offense to people with tattoos..........

Back in the '70's, I was driving down Van Nuys Blvd with my girlfriend. As we pasted a tattoo parlor, she said stop the car. I asked why, she pointed to the tattoo parlor and said, "I want to look at tattoos". I said, "While you're in there, look for a new boyfriend too!". She asked why and I explained that I won't go out with a girl that has a tattoo. I asked her how would she like it if I shaved my head, at least it will grow back, but a tattoo is forever.

32 years later, we re-connected and I asked her if she ever got that tattoo. She said she never got one and she's really glad she didn't. Can't say the same for me though, I am now BALD.................

No offense, there not for everyone!!! Just like 53 chevy's!!:D:D

Latest posts

Back