Fox Mustang - my "Street Car"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have some nice stuff there.
Those Fox Bodies are some fun little cars to play with and have tons of aftermarket support.
Where did you get the anti-roll system? I have yet to install the one I have for my Dart which i picked up from Competition Engineering

The anti roll bar kit that I used is from UPR and specific to the Fox chassis. Unfortunately it lives up to its billing as "not suitable for street use" and I had to cut it out. I plan to modify it to mount behind the axle where I won't have issues with clearance. The picture shows the bar in place with the suspension hanging. Having it mounted according to instructions resulted in the upper control arms hitting it with about 1" of suspension travel once the car was on the ground.

Also shown in the picture is the Jeg's relocation kit for the upper control arms which move the mounting point up and move the instant center back about 6' for better weight transfer and better launches.

Attachments

• IMG_0910 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_0910 (1280x960).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 16
Looks Very Nice

That must be a fun car to drive. you've done some nice work [cl

I got bored with mine so I made a shoebox out of it [S

PC170009_zpsj3l0mvkn.jpg

But still fun to drive, Keep up the good work [P

Now you've gone and done it. Did you cut down a shoebox or is that one of those Thunderbird add-ons cut down? Is there an old build thread on this car?
Wow. You sometimes think outside the box.

sc5080 don't want to steal your thread

Now you've gone and done it. Did you cut down a shoebox or is that one of those Thunderbird add-ons cut down? Is there an old build thread on this car?
Wow. You sometimes think outside the box.

It's all homemade. Saw the thunderbird kits but wanted a mustang rag top so i did my own. the mustang is about 20% smaller than the shoebox. it took a little cutting and welding [;)
This is an old build, my life plan is to build something sell it and build something else. this was two builds before the current one.
Here is a link to a few of the pictures, it'll give you an idea of what went on. doing this is what gave the cahonies to chop and section the sprint when someone said "you can't do that" :rolleyes :.

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/ssoltz/slideshow/Mustang Shoebox

Now i'll get out a here, sorry for the interruption sc :eek:

Latest posts

Back