city says clean up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so true the people on eather side of me have NO problems its the one down the street I even got rid of my 3000 watt homestereo to noavail. I have land in a farming area of montana that I am moving to at the end of summer but this throws my timming of. I have no morgage and no home owners ass. its all city. I am thinking of painting my house a diffrent collor to mess with them I am almost done with preping it .

Orange with green shutters.

Man that sucks. I still can not see how they can take it.

I use to be a fire/code official. The only way the borough could take a house was iminant domain or unsafe for occupancies

With the issue you have we would have to send you notice/citation with at least 15 days to comply. You also had the right to appeal any and all notice/citation

I do know when go after a complaint you have to make sure its not a getting even complaint. That can get you in hot water real quick. The complaint always had to file in writing and sign by the complaintant. Even then you had to watch every move you made. Also I could not enter your property with out the complaint.

What I'm trying to say is make sure they are doing by the book. If You find that they are not following Complaint/right to entry law. It could make them back off real quick. If you ask for a copy of the ordinance/law they have to give it to you. They may charge you for it thought.

Make sure you keep a record of every time they were there (Day, time and who) and what was discussed

Every time you talk to them keep your cool. ask questions that may make him loose his cool. And if he does file a complaint against him.

Good luck

They force me to retire early now I help people get around them. I have all of my cert. from the international codes. Believe me there are a lot of inspectors and code official that leave them self open for failure.

Last edited:
so true the people on eather side of me have NO problems its the one down the street I even got rid of my 3000 watt homestereo to noavail. I have land in a farming area of montana that I am moving to at the end of summer but this throws my timming of. I have no morgage and no home owners ass. its all city. I am thinking of painting my house a diffrent collor to mess with them I am almost done with preping it .

Orange with green shutters.

Man that sucks. I still can not see how they can take it. I use to be a fire
/code official. The only way the borough could take a house was iminant domain or unsafe for occupancies

With the issue you have we would have to send you notice/citation with at least 15 days to comply. You also had the right to appeal any and all notice/citation

I do know when go after a complaint you have to make sure its not a getting even complaint. That can get you in hot water real quick. The complaint always had to file in writing and sign by the complaintant. Even then you had to watch every move you made. Also I could not enter your property with out the complaint.

What I'm trying to say is make sure thety are doing by the book. If You find that they are not following Complaint/right to entry law. It could make them back off real quick.

Make sure you keep a record of every time they were there (Day, time and who) and what was discussed.

Good luck

you cant even see my house from the road. If you see my house and i dont know you. You can be shot for trespassing. Thats how we do it in this part of the country

hot rod 40

"I do know when go after a complaint you have to make sure its not a getting even complaint. That can get you in hot water real quick. The complaint always had to file in writing and sign by the complaintant. Even then you had to watch every move you made. Also I could not enter your property with out the complaint.

What I'm trying to say is make sure thety are doing by the book. If You find that they are not following Complaint/right to entry law. It could make them back off real quick"

It is not a get even complaint ever sence she has moved in she has been a pain and I have not talked to her or any thing..........I went to the dump once for her not even a thank you from her husband

I have had the city walk all over this land ,turn on out side spickets and leave them on ect. Im outa here end of summer or sooner

they are all trucks looks like ,fill the beds and plant a few gardens

Anvil

You said they been all over your property. Did they have probably cause.

If your state goes be the international building codes. The cities have to abide by that code. The international code was a fed. mandate. And for states to get fed. help/money in case of a disaster they had to opt in.

Another way to go is, If she been a pain to you personally or through the city you can file an harassment complaint against he in civil court. Again make sure you never did or said anything to her and record all contacted that she been involved in. Has she gone after any one else?

All this stuff I been telling you may buy you time until your out of there.

clean up sell move go have fun start a new junk yard and leave that b!*(h to her own demice in her drunken waste of life and family not me im outa here.

Yea I agree. Had my own issue when I bought a house in a small Boro. Played there game for awhile then hit them with my background and certs. Now I am the code official best friend.

Funny part was in the process of the games I found out my property was zoned Local business/commercial. Just mine because it abuts a factory at the rear and two businesses on the upper side. I can have stuff the property and the neighbers can't

Good luck with your move and after its all ove5r you can set back an laugh about it.

I lived in a little town in the country. I brought a 50 Ford home. Unless you knew otherwise. It looked like it could be a running car. (no tags though) I had a letter telling me to move it within just a few days, hazardous to the community. I went to complain and they asked if it was in pieces, no, it has air in the tires the doors are closed, glass in the windows. The only way this car is a hazard is if someone trespasses and does something stupid. If that's the case everyone should have 8' privacy fence to keep stupid people off there property. I had been in that town for a year or 2 and knew of probably 8-10 cars within a mile of my house that were in similar or worse condition. Why were they still there? Oh one of them lived about 30 seconds away and had one junk car in the yard (at least mine was in the driveway) one under a carport that was a ground up custom build, and a few in his garages. But he worked for the city so I guess he gets a free pass to do what he feels like.
And my neighbor had so much junk in her yard you couldn't hardly walk through it. But I guess nick nacks don't count:confused:

this is actually not a bad idea. the laws to forbid unused cars from piling up ... what are its lawn and garden concerns ?

tell them your a research botanist working on a project concerning the natural oxidation processes beneficial effects on plants' abilities to photosynthesize... something like that... probably wont do much good but it would be worth the laugh -- and maybe you could get green party funding on your build.

I only keep my place cleaned up because it belongs to my sister and my mom lives next door. It is a constant battle, beings as I am legally a tin magnet and all.
Well, it's hard to hear that you guys can't enjoy what you do but if there are local laws against it then, well, I guess I'd think about moving. I wouldn't worry about what everyone else is or isn't getting away with or rat them out because you have to comply.
One small solution might be an enclosed trailer, if the laws allow. I know one guy who did that here. His neighbors complained about some stuff in his yard, next to theirs so he bought a big enclosed trailer, took down his fence on the street and backed it in right next to his fence between him and the complaining neighbor. Now he is in compliance and they have to look at his hug white box of a trailer instead of what's stored inside of it. As long as the trailer is licensed they can't do a thing about it.

Don't move to Sioux City, they tag me for about everything. I have some ****y Neighbors. My friend lives just out of town, and he had to clean up his property becouse it was a eye sore to planes flying over. If that don't take the cake I do not know what does.

here that trailer would only work if it was stored in an inclosed building.I have land/house in montana and their is old cars their and no complaints Ill be their by the end of the year........

last problem i had with the county (since i am living in a unincorporated area it is the county not city) was when i had my 1950 dodge coronet. i had a crabby neighbor that called the county on me. luckily the letter i got from the county came from the cheif of police. i say luckily cause at the time i was still in the restaurant industry and the chief was a regular of mine at the restaurant i managed. he happened to come in to the restaurant for lunch the next day and i had the letter with me. i asked him about the letter and he said that he didnt realise it was me since he thought i lived in a different area. he is a car buff too so he said he always hated having to fill those letters out but it was the law and he had to abide by it. he gave me more time on the issue and i was able to sell it in time to comply. the car used to run but by the time i was selling it the engine finally gave in and seized. now i think that old neighbor has passed on (litteraly) so when i go to do my next build i wont run into the same problems since all my other neighbors were always in my front yard talking to me about the cars and their memories in/with them.

One small solution might be an enclosed trailer, if the laws allow. I know one guy who did that here. His neighbors complained about some stuff in his yard, next to theirs so he bought a big enclosed trailer, took down his fence on the street and backed it in right next to his fence between him and the complaining neighbor. Now he is in compliance and they have to look at his hug white box of a trailer instead of what's stored inside of it. As long as the trailer is licensed they can't do a thing about it.

another thing you can look into is a car cover. there are a lot of areas that all you need is to cover the "offending" item and it is in the clear. all depending on the area, if the car is covered, they cannot lift the cover to see the condition of the car. now, you just have to make sure that it is well covered so the wind doesnt blow it off. you might want to find out if the license plate needs to be showing too.

not to gloat but it seems like i am surrounded by racers and shadetree mechanics or old sweet laidies when ever i haul new junk home i have lots of friends that i havent met before then sorry about your crappy neighbors

This crap gets to me. If they can take your house for something like this whats next. Obviously they can pass whatever laws they want if that one got passed. Ive been in our current area for around 11 years and in that time theyve passed laws for keeping your property free of junk, then stepped it up to branches and yard waste(yeah you can get fined if a limb falls down and you dont clean it up in their reasonable time frame), you cant have your garbage cans out before 6:00pm the previous day of pick up and have to be in before 3:00pm the day of and then the latest one thats like alot of others stated. Cant have a non-functional or un-registered outside.

This crap gets to me. If they can take your house for something like this whats next. Obviously they can pass whatever laws they want if that one got passed. Ive been in our current area for around 11 years and in that time theyve passed laws for keeping your property free of junk, then stepped it up to branches and yard waste(yeah you can get fined if a limb falls down and you dont clean it up in their reasonable time frame), you cant have your garbage cans out before 6:00pm the previous day of pick up and have to be in before 3:00pm the day of and then the latest one thats like alot of others stated. Cant have a non-functional or un-registered outside.

Good Lord! Just move already. Who would want to live somewhere like that?

Latest posts

Back